Too HOT! to detect, did some Coin Roll Hunting, got Silvers!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I thought about getting up real early this morning and heading to Missoula to detect before the temps got to almost 100 degrees here, but chimped out and just stayed home to work on other projects. I recently watched a YouTube "Rob Finds Treasure" video and got inspired to head to the local credit union and see if they had any half dollars. They did, and I bought them all - 50 rolls at $10 a roll, and hoped to find some silvers.

About the 5th roll, I saw a beautiful white rim, and was delighted to pull a 1964 90% Half! I guess there was a chance at shiny today after all! About 10 rolls later I pulled a 1960 Big Ben Franklin, what a treat! The rest of the rolls produced 5 more 1964 Kennedy 90% halfs, and a Proof 1974-S Kennedy Half. The newest coins in the rolls were AU/BU 2018 coins, and AU/BU 2015 coins, I got about 1 1/2 rolls of those.

Anyway, an hour of fun, total of 7 90% silvers and 1 Proof, thanks for your interest! And thanks to His Royal Majesty KingTotsalot for your CRH reports that inspire many of us, I think this group of rolls produced pretty well! Wishing Your Highness continued success in your Roll Hunting! And I've ordered a couple of boxes to be here next week...

Attachments

• crh1.jpg
    crh1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 135
  • crh2.jpg
    crh2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
back to the credit union...

Well... after getting some shiny coins in the first batch of rolls, I decided to head back to the Credit Union, and they had 11 more rolls of halves. Bought them, came home, and popped a 1967 40% half and another 1964 90% half!

Attachments

• crh.jpg
    crh.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 122
You are lucky the credit union even had half dollars....mine never seems to have any rolls and has a policy not to order boxes due to the "coin shortage "

You are lucky the credit union even had half dollars....mine never seems to have any rolls and has a policy not to order boxes due to the "coin shortage "

Interesting, Paul, my credit union doesn't want the half dollars brought back. I guess I have a lot of rolls to use for groceries and gas!

Back
Top Bottom