Checklist for Old Home Sites

Reelfoot Relics

Elite Member
A short 45 min. hunt and I checked off several boxes from the old home site check list. Overall Button, harmonica reed plate, D buckle, my first bale seal and a piece of a pocket knife. I seem to always find these items and more at the old home sites I hunt. What would ya'll add to the list from your area. Not pictured axe head and horse shoe.

Attachments

• IMG_5508.jpg
    IMG_5508.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 246
Somewhere around there has got to be a shield nickel and a couple of Indian pennies. There is also a place where you might find a couple small bottles that didn’t get crushed. The key is to find the mason jar lids. That’s where they will be.

for sure

Somewhere around there has got to be a shield nickel and a couple of Indian pennies. There is also a place where you might find a couple small bottles that didn’t get crushed. The key is to find the mason jar lids. That’s where they will be.

I did find a zinc mason jar lid the first day with an unbroken glass insert. You're right I find those at every old home site.

Adding to the list

Went back out today and added to the checklist. Spoon handle, always find eating utensils mostly spoons. Shotgun Head stamps, Rivets, man they sound good. Grommets and two hole underwear buttons. These are very common finds in this area for old home sites.

Attachments

• IMG_5515.jpg
    IMG_5515.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 169
was gonna say spoon here till you came back with the spoon handle. another thing i always find at old home sites are wagon wheel hubs or bands, or barrel bands. lantern heads are also a very common find in these places as well as escutcheons from furniture

Back
Top Bottom