a surprisingly great day on this past monday.

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
No it was not a metal detecting day.

I can be as outgoing and friendly as the next guy. But as a general rule I don't have much to say to a lot of other people and don't particularly like small talk.

What I do like to talk about is:
Metal detecting, dogs, sail boats and day trading. But rarely do I run into anyone locally who shares these interests.

This Monday had to drive up to the lake to get someone to fix a leak in one of my pontoon boat log chambers.

At my marina where I dock my pontoon boat I went to the MaxMarine service dept. While waiting for the svc mgr to return talked to this lady who was a service advisor. Some how the subject of metal detecting came up and she just bought her 15 year old daughter an entry level metal detector. Well off to the races about talking about metal detecting.

The svc mgr came in about 20 min later and we got our business done and the subject turned to prior boats we owned. Turns out he owned the exact same sail boats I owned a 1968 30 foot Pearson and a 30 foot Morgan. Well off to the races again talking about sail boats. Another 30 min was happily spent.

Then I had to go down to the main office to get my wife her RFID gated entrance sticker for her car.

In side were about 5 or 6 people working AND FIVE HUNTING DOG! They let their employees bring their dogs to work. Three puppies about 4 months old. A rottwiler, a Weimaranern and chocolate lab. There there was an Italian Pointer (much like a GSP) and a yellow lab.

Wow, so much fun and there went another 45 min visit with the staff and their dogs. They all seem to be so happy at work. One girl said they normally have six dogs at work.

That was such a fun morning for me that just expected to be another unpleasant task of spending money on a boat. You do know that is mostly what you do with boats.

Well i have had a lot of sailboats but more of the dinghy type.

Best of the lot was a West Wight Potter. 15' long, 475 pounds, sleeps two in tiny cabin.

Sounds like a great day except 1 thing, I'm a POWER-BOATER. :boxing:

well I kinda am a pontoon boat guy with a 90 Merc. Next to me is a 22 ft power boat with two 200 mercs. Never seen his boat in action. But I think it will do the job on our inland lake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom