A Short Story About Doing The Right Thing

IDXMonster

Elite Member
3 weeks ago I worked a trade for my Equinox 800, someone wanted to trade their eTrac. We wound up shipping machines the same day or a day apart, I’d have to look...but we BOTH shipped via the Post Office. Well....3 days later he had gotten the Equinox and was off to the races, it was scheduled to be delivered on a Monday and he got it EARLY on Saturday. I was chomping at the bit thinking maybe the same would happen with my new (to me) eTrac. Not quite. I got it TODAY, exactly 16 days after the scheduled delivery date of 5/4.
In the middle of this when it looked like it had been lost, stolen, destroyed or it had just plain evaporated, my trader offered to Paypal me an agreed upon cash price for the Equinox. After thinking about it all that day, I suggested we just wait and see what would really happen. This past Monday, it moved! And then it moved again! And again! Before I knew it, the machine was in my town this morning! HOW? I dunno. But what counts the most in the middle of this whole thing is the immediate willingness of my trader to make the deal right, even at his own expense. Although TECHNICALLY he gave it to the Post Office and it’s now “their responsibility”, my trader understood that the ULTIMATE responsibility was his, and with several hundred dollars on the line, that isn’t always an easy thing to process.
I will leave him anonymous unless he wants to jump in, but even though it took 3 weeks to get here, it turned out perfectly. Two adults doing what adults do...recognizing the right thing to do regardless of what they could “get away with” if the machine was gone, and having the patience to give the situation the benefit of the doubt.

I am glad it worked out for you and he was willing to do that had it gone south. I hope you are enjoying your new detector! Not sure if you did, but if you have any future dealing with the USPS and are shipping anything with any value over $50, make sure you purchase additional insurance. Priority mail only gives you $50 out of the gate so you have to purchase more to cover anything above that. UPS is a little different as you enter a value of the package when you ship it and it is insured accordingly.

That's a tough deal to make. You men made it work. I would really have to the known person well. And verify where his family lives...🤣

Love it when a plan comes together.
😎 .
Oh !!!!. Did I just date myself by quoting the A-team?

Congratulations on the new rigs guys .
Love the happy ending .
,Dew

Wait........ IDXmonster with another FBS machine.........there goes the silverhood. Lol

I guess i will have to travel tarther to score those mercs and barbers.

It took 3 weeks for me to receive a 2 day priority shipped item recently. Online tracking said it was here for 3 days. I called post office and they said online tracking isn't accurate and it was still in Jersey.

Glad it worked out for all involved! The post office can be very slow right now and tracking is not updated as often as it once was...

Sorry to hear you had to wait so long, this whole COVID business has really messed with the Post.

A little while ago, packages of mine went missing in Chicago over a week. As anyone who has had a similar thing happen to them, this is an eternity when you are waiting on something fun! I called and inquired after them and they said that they literally did not have though people to sort the mail. Eventually, everything showed up.

Big props to the other end of the deal that was willing to make things right at his own expense.

That's a great story. I'm glad it worked out for both of you. Our post office here was COVID19 Positive last month 2 of the postal workers that work in the building. We didn't get mail for 2 weeks.

Love hearing the stories with happy endings - most people (contrary to the nutballs you see on the nightly news) are good people wanting to do the right thing and live in peace

Lots of patients Kevin. Congrats on the new to you machine. The E-trac will be a true asset in the hands of the Monster.Really happy things worked out for you both. Trapper

Love this! I have had the same happen and can be very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been with the USPS for 27 years. Year after year our craft employees are reduced and reduced, in my bid cluster when I started there was over 1400 in my craft, this year we are just over 500.

Now with so many people out self quarantining the struggle is real. Glad your package made, sorry it took so long to get there...

I have been with the USPS for 27 years. Year after year our craft employees are reduced and reduced, in my bid cluster when I started there was over 1400 in my craft, this year we are just over 500.

Now with so many people out self quarantining the struggle is real. Glad your package made, sorry it took so long to get there...
Does your name happen to be "NEWMAN" ?

Back
Top Bottom