• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Got a tip on a new site...#s 13-15 FTY

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Got a tip on a new public site from a work buddy. Drove an hour to do a quick scouting hunt this morning. I’ll definitely be going back.

First plug I dug was a GW and Merc spill! Went another 15-20 minutes and got an iffy high tone...1912 Barber! First 3 coins were silver! Did I mention I’m going back? Lots of potential and over 20 acres to explore.

Ended up with the 1921 wheat, aluminum thimble and bird band of some kind.

Great to get out on a cool breezy sunny spring morning! Wuhan flu can —— it!

Last edited:
Great hunt Jerry. Glad to see you got out and hit multiple shiny as well. Been almost two months for me. Even standing permissions don't want me in their yards right now. The parks that were open were a little to crowded for me. Oh by the way did anybody suggest you might wanna hit that spot again. Good luck, Mark

Nice scores for sure!

Nice silvers! Look forward to a follow up.

Wow, you really scored on that site! Are you going back?:lol:

Man you killed it, nice hunting! You going back? :laughing: congrats!

Great hunt Jerry. Glad to see you got out and hit multiple shiny as well. Been almost two months for me. Even standing permissions don't want me in their yards right now. The parks that were open were a little to crowded for me. Oh by the way did anybody suggest you might wanna hit that spot again. Good luck, Mark

Definitely a motivator .. very awesome hunt!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all! Given your suggestions I'll probably go back to that place and try it again...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

It sounds like you have a new opened door Jerry. The possibility of many great adventures in your future for sure. Congrats on getting out and digging some success with adding 3 Silvers to your coffers. Trapper

Woot... Woot! Congrats on a great spot Jerry. If the rest of that 20 acre site is anything like your first outing there, you’ll be in hog heaven. Got a tent and sleeping bag? Really looking forward to follow-up reports and pictures. Yeah, we’re jealous; can you tell?

It sounds like you have a new opened door Jerry. The possibility of many great adventures in your future for sure. Congrats on getting out and digging some success with adding 3 Silvers to your coffers. Trapper

Thanks Jack. It was great to get out and a little success was a great bonus!

Woot... Woot! Congrats on a great spot Jerry. If the rest of that 20 acre site is anything like your first outing there, you’ll be in hog heaven. Got a tent and sleeping bag? Really looking forward to follow-up reports and pictures. Yeah, we’re jealous; can you tell?

Thanks! I hope the follow up is half as good.

Oh man that’s a dream hunt and new location, congrats!

I like the thimble and bird band too :)

Thanks. I’m trying to sort out info on the band, but no luck so far.

Back
Top Bottom