RNB battery

basstrackerman

Elite Member
I just bought an RNB batter for my vanquish 540. I've used these in several detectors and absolutely love them. Supposed to last 30 hours or more on a charge. I use my 540 with 3 coils when I travel, camp, etc and it's close to the Equinox as far as what it can find. Wish they had one for the nox series ....

I just bought an RNB batter for my vanquish 540. I've used these in several detectors and absolutely love them. Supposed to last 30 hours or more on a charge. I use my 540 with 3 coils when I travel, camp, etc and it's close to the Equinox as far as what it can find. Wish they had one for the nox series ....

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Have never seen before. Thanks for posting. Will definitely have to check it out. I'm currently using Fujitsu 2450ma AA's. I get a long time out of them per charge, but I don't think I am seeing anywhere near 30 hours.

Last edited:
Do you charge them with the Minelab charger? Mine seems to take forever to charge anything, even the stock Minelab batteries. The NOX and Simplex take no where near as long to charge.

No, they have a multi USB connector that charges all 4 at once in two hours, or less. The Minelab charger for charging the factory pack is a very slow, low amp, charge and takes 18 hours to fully charge..

No, they have a multi USB connector that charges all 4 at once in two hours, or less. The Minelab charger for charging the factory pack is a very slow, low amp, charge and takes 18 hours to fully charge..

Thanks, I see the connections on the batteries now. Makes sense. I always generally carry a power bank and an extra set with me anytime I go out just in case. I picked a couple of these cases for my AA's on eBay.

Attachments

• 51S6SSgjcBL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51S6SSgjcBL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 176
Some pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-134529_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-134529_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20201125-134536_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-134536_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20201125-134541_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-134541_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 176

Very nice design. Assume the rain hood still fits over it ok?

I was told by someone that minelab won't allow after market coils or battery for the nox

The link is to a power pack that will recharge the Equinox's internal battery. It is not an aftermarket battery. From the manual...

Operating With a Power Bank

You can use your EQUINOX detector whilst plugged into a portable
power bank. This means you can continue detecting even if the
detector battery is flat.
Connect the power bank to your detector using the supplied
EQUINOX USB charging cable, and continue detecting. You can
fasten it to the armrest stand via the armrest attachment points.

Back
Top Bottom