Whites V3i Screen

LIBear

Forum Supporter
Has anyone ever done a screen replacement on their V3i detector? I hear you can buy it from Whites and do it yourself but I just wanted to find out the difficultly level of it.

It’s a shame no one answered you. In case someone else ever has this question the process is fairly simple. First, clean the area of the screen housing with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or dust. Second, take an exacto knife of small flat head and insert in the gap of the old screen and the screen housing. Be gentle and attempt to pry a corner up. The material is a flexible plastic. The actual LCD screen is protected and beneath this second screen you are about to remove.
Once you have it removed hold the new screen in one hand and peel the white paper backing off the new screen. There is a thin film protector on the front. You might pull this away from one edge of the new screen protector, once you have the paper backing off. Removing just one area from the edge will ease in guiding the new screen onto the plastic housing. Once on, press slightly around the edges of the new protector. That easy. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom