XP Deus - Little Mod to help it Stand

AZWIP

Elite Member
Howdy folks, have posted this on another site as well, in case someone has already seen this... but if not, wanted to post here, as it may or may not help others out... Please, no laughing, lol...

like others, sometimes it would annoy me when my Deus would tip over... have seen a number of solutions for this, most quite clever and cool.
I figured I'd try something today that pretty much cost me nothing (had stuff in the garage, lol) and was easy, fast and did not require me to apply any perm change to
my XP Deus Arm Rest, but that seems to simply --> Work (for me anyways). Lol

I just took my irrigation drip tubing (I believe its half inch, pretty standard out here in AZ, I think anyways), and I cut two pieces in 2.5 inch lengths...
of course you can use any length you want. And... the tubing is already color coordinated, lol.

Then I just pressed each one onto a wing on bottom of my arm rest. Seems to work fine for me. Anyways, thought I'd share. Cost me nada and about 3
minutes of time. Keeps the weight down to still practically nothing, and seems to fit pretty darn good. Without me having to modify my arm rest... might
be worth a shot. Just thought I'd share.

Seems to work pretty good and I have the HF Elliptical on.

Photos included. Anyways, free suggestions are simply that... lol.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 497
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 524
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 474
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 525
Good idea. What in the world was XP thinking with the little nub of a stand? Light weight sure, but..

I know right??? Lol, great machine, but at least offer a fix for setting it down, lol. For now, this still works pretty good... has not loosened up or anything. If it did loosen up, I'd just apply a little silicone to the inside of the tubes. That way if I wanted to take one off, should be easy and typically the silicone rubs right off. I use silicone for my coil covers, and again, if I need to take a cover off, comes off easy and silicone bubs right off the plastic but yet does the job.
All that to say, have not needed to apply silicone, the little tubes are staying in place nicely.

Happy Hunting!

Ron F.
---------

Back
Top Bottom