Land gold #10 for 2021. 14K 3.25g

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Went back to a Junior High, that I found a gold ring at two years ago. This was my 5th trip there. The previous 4, I'd really gone over and and gridded it hard, but I knew the size of the field and my fairly lazy swing style, coupled with a fairly trashy field meant that I had missed plenty of targets.

So... off I went, figuring I'd pull at least enough quarters to make the 18-mile round trip worth the gas. :)

Wasn't wrong. Netted $7.41 in change, and 5 more rings! Long hunt though... just over 3 hours in 86 degree weather. Wasn't prepared too well for that. Had to take a break half-way through and walk back to the truck for some hydration.

First 3 rings were all junk, but the 3rd one was the stainless steel spinner. Those are fun for kids, but that's about all.

The fourth ring to come out was the gold one. Found it deep on the edge of a football field, and wow was it a weird signal. Bounced everywhere from 41 to 64, but that's how all the nickels were behaving, too, so I figured it was just another nickel. Glad to be shown I was wrong.

Once I pulled up the plug, I saw a glint of yellow in a round circle. Normally, I'd have taken a picture, but I'd pulled a LOT of yellow-colored pull tabs in that mess of trash already, and didn't have high hopes. By the time I realized it was gold, it was already exposed and I was grabbing it in glee. :)

My son figures it's a toe ring, given it's small size, but it could be a smaller person's ring. About a size 5.

Still, though, I'll take $115 any day of the week! Makes for gold #10 for the year, and I'm on track to easily meet my "one gold per month per year" conquest for a 6th straight year. Least I've ever found was 13... most was 18 or 19... can't recall which. 10 in June is awesome... maybe I'll finally hit 20?

Cheers and HH!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 383
Quite a haul of everything possible there Skippy. Happy to see the glitter of gold among all that ‘other’ stuff. Amazed at your continued success as a RingMaster!
Congrats!!!

Quite a haul of everything possible there Skippy. Happy to see the glitter of gold among all that ‘other’ stuff. Amazed at your continued success as a RingMaster!
Congrats!!!

It's definitely getting harder... But it's ok, because I'm getting better. LOL

Skippy

Well told story, congrats! Thanks for showing all the trash too, really shows the work you went thru.

Well told story, congrats! Thanks for showing all the trash too, really shows the work you went thru.

It wasn't too bad. I think i had more "good finds" than "trash finds."

Been running the AT Max for over 800 hours now, and have it down pretty good.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom