Expected and Unexpected Treasures

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I did go to Keans Marina this morning to try and recover a phone I got called on at 1:30 am. But there were so many problems with the recovery I decided not to try. First the phone was not in the well. It was 10 - 20 feet out in the canal leading into the well. Second the owner wasn't there to try to show me where it might have gone in. Third the weeds were so tall and thick I would have been searching for hours. Totally impossible to swing a metal detector in that junk.
Sol I head to St Clair to find a rod and reel in the Pine River. It was lost a week ago. I go down to the normal. Bottles, ropes, trees, chains, a couple buried anchors probably, fishing lures, and trash. I find a very nice Diawa rod and reel also. But what I didn't expect made me laugh. A bowling ball bag, complete with shoes and ball, was the first thing. The second was a 4 wheeler on the bottom.
I called the St Clair Police department. They took my information and said they would pass it to the marine division. That was yesterday. Probably not interested. It has been there for over a year. No tires on it that I could see and the bottom is buried. I thought it was a jet ski until I saw the fenders. It is an adult size. Interesting find to say the least. I didn't find her rod and reel. My guess is a shore fisherman snagged an expensive new outfit.

Last night I had three more dives. I got a windlass part out of the water at Mayea Marina, A bow rail part out of a canal in Harrison Township and then checking propellers under a boat at Beacon Cove.
First call today was a phone in Toledo Beach Marina in Monroe. That was 64 miles away. What happened after I got it out of the water is worth mentioning. I was getting on the freeway and a state police officer was getting off. I went to wave at him and he was staring intently at my truck. He did a U turn and got back on the freeway and sped up to get behind me. We thought he was going to pull me over for sure. But he must have ran my plate and decided not to bother me. He got off the next exit.
Then I got a pair of Channel glasses out of Beacon Cove Marina and finally another pair of glasses out of Metro beach. I decided to play in the water at Metro for a little while. I found a skateboard and a waste cap. Nothing too exciting.

Nice on that rod & real! :wow: On the bowling ball!

I've been tempted to toss my golf clubs into the water from time to time.

Nice report, thanks. Ever been called on to scour water hazards for golf balls?

Nice finds! I think the bowling ball is a first here, and that and the rod and reel look like they can be reused.

I was getting on the freeway and a state police officer was getting off. I went to wave at him and he was staring intently at my truck. He did a U turn and got back on the freeway and sped up to get behind me. We thought he was going to pull me over for sure. But he must have ran my plate and decided not to bother me. He got off the next exit.

I suspect you cause more than one State Trooper to do a head turn with that truck! Glad to know he checked it out FIRST, before wasting your time. Glad to know, too that maybe they've got your info on file! LOL

Cheers!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom