A Few More Dives Yesterday

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
First we had a ring in Harbor Club North off the back of a boat. Because the muck is so deep I figured it would settle down somewhere deep in it. I took my Fisher CZ-21 and put it on autotune. That would hit on any piece of metal. After two cans and a nail I was able to get over his ring and it was in about three inches of muck.
Then got a call about a pair of prescription glasses at Mac Ray Harbor. He fell off his boat and they took a dive. I was able to find them with little trouble.
It was nice and quiet for a while and then a call for a phone at Belle Maer. That phone was standing straight up and down in the muck. No problems finding that critter. I get out of the water to a missed call. Called back and it was another phone at Mac Ray. So I head there and grab it pretty fast. No sooner than I got out I received another call from a marina in Detroit. Scuba Billy gave them my number because he fought all day with a lift at Belle Maer. He was tired and I can't blame him one bit. So it was off to Detroit to find some keys so I thought. I get there and find it is only one key on a lanyard. Worse yet it is pitch black down there and tons of weeds. So I am picking up weeds and pulling them apart trying to get a lanyard that will not pull apart. It takes me about 5 minutes but I finally find that wayward key to the delight of all the folks on the boat.
The job I had this morning on Harsens Island was canceled. The south channel cleared up today and he was able to recover his possession himself without my help. Fine with me. I do what can't be done, not what someone is able to do.

Attachments

• 105973283_10222358011846787_8066708317027648896_n.jpg
    105973283_10222358011846787_8066708317027648896_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 341
I'm going to start wearing a scarlet letter "L" on my forehead. For "Loser" . Since all I can muster is a lone repatriation "save-the-day" story 1x or 2x per year. :tissue:

I'm going to start wearing a scarlet letter "L" on my forehead. For "Loser" . Since all I can muster is a lone repatriation "save-the-day" story 1x or 2x per year. :tissue:

Why am I getting some bad vibes? Look up at the top right corner, and repeat that. If you can't, then obviously I can counterfeit my tom pass with lego-land cards. :lol:

Josh

I enjoy reading about your recoveries and the tools you use. How long have you been a scuba diver, and what inspired you to get into it?

I enjoy reading about your recoveries and the tools you use. How long have you been a scuba diver, and what inspired you to get into it?

Loved the water all my life, didn't go in the navy because I was teased. Joined the USAF and they sent me to Okinawa in 1978. I learned to dive in 19789 and have dove ever since.

Cool Beans Scuba!!!! How have you been feeling?

Feeling weak but I have a grandson here to help me till next Thursday. Will see what transpires after that. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom