Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 04-28-2021, 06:19 PM

Default Equinox goodies

Having just got my new equinox and investing a good amount of money I made a couple little purchases to protect my detector and make it a little more comfortable. I found these both on fleabay after seeing a video on YouTube. The cover says made in USA the neoprene arm cuff padding I am not sure of but they both came from the same seller. I hope I am not violating any forum rules just wanted to post these items for anybody looking to protect their detector. I am in no way affiliated with the seller. The fit and finish are very nice and I like the plastic screen cover, it reminds me of the Vanquish.
Attached Images

Last edited by aj0421; 04-28-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:53 PM
Elite Member

Looks good! I'm not a big "control box cover fan..." Are they absolutely needed?

John 8:32

Equinox 800, Vanquish 440, Garrett Pro Pointer, Trex 9.5 Scoop
Tell the truth, and only of the truth.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:02 PM

Not needed, I just like to keep my stuff looking nice.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:08 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by aj0421 View post
I have both of them also, and a charging port cover which I recommend. The cover needs to be tied so you don't lose it though.
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by stetam View post
I have both of them also, and a charging port cover which I recommend. The cover needs to be tied so you don't lose it though.
Good to know. I may have to pick one of those up as well.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:27 AM
Elite Member

Smile

One drawback with the cover, is they will overheat with them on if you hunt when it is hot out. The Equinox overheats with a cover on them.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by stetam View post
I have a charging port cover, but it lacks that little attachment point, which is an excellent idea....

I also use a control box cover but over heating issues is not something I am likely to expirience here in the UK.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:48 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by aj0421 View post
Your not one of these guys thaat uses clear vinyl furniture covers are you? 😁

Old 06-11-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by MuddyMo View post
Your not one of these guys thaat uses clear vinyl furniture covers are you? 😁
Maybe, LOL.......No I just did get a new sofa and ottoman and keep matching blankets across the seats so my 4 yr old does not ruin it as fast.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:27 AM

An update... I am still using my cover and it has caused no issues and I have been out in temps around 83 down the shore. I like the padding on the arm cuff but it sure does get sweaty.

May try the Doc's arm cuff padding, anybody using one of those?

Old 04-30-2021, 12:18 PM
Supporter

I havenít experienced any overheating but havenít detected over 90f probably. That cover is gonna save that screen and or screen cover and overall the whole head unit a ton of abuse. I also have the charging cover as well and it does keep that free of any buildup and such.
Name:  11DA5E95-5A6D-4446-8A88-A272A58C000F.jpeg
Views: 449
Size:  176.3 KB

Anaconda NX6 Gravedigger sidekick Clad 2021@143.87 Silvers@37 Gold@0 .925@4

Old 04-30-2021, 11:36 PM

Looks really nice buddy . So now that you've had a chance to swing it a little what do you think of the arm cuff padding? Is it easy to take on and off ais it washable?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old 05-01-2021, 07:20 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by JoeKeeling View post
Looks really nice buddy . So now that you've had a chance to swing it a little what do you think of the arm cuff padding? Is it easy to take on and off ais it washable?

I have the same cover and have been running it for a few months. I really like it. Yes, you can remove it fairly easily. Mine never gets that muddy so I usually spray it down with some Simple Green and just wipe it down. Same thing with the control box cover.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by JoeKeeling View post

Hello JoeKeeling, I only tried it in front of my house for a few mins. It is better than nothing I believe and less than $20 I thought it was worth a try. I will post back after I have a few straight hours on it. It goes off and on very easy because it is only about a 1/8 thick and stretches. Washable I am not sure of, maybe just a good hand wash and let dry. I don't know if you fish but I would treat it just as I do with my stocking foot fishing waders which the booties are made of the same material. I rinse them from the salt water and sand and just let them air dry over my bathroom tub.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:59 AM
Elite Member

I've been using the same cover as aj0421 for almost a year and really like it. It makes cleaning muddy fingerprints so much easier. Never had trouble in the heat, but then again I probably overheated before the Nox in the 90+ degree weather.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:18 PM
Elite Member

Update - I've been using this cover for a year and on Memorial Day I noticed my display looked odd, a bit dark at the bottom and I could barely make out the settings icons. But I wasn't pressing the settings button! I took the cover off and the display returned to normal.

I'm pretty sure this was overheating. It was hot, the same day I sweated so much I ended up with severe leg cramps even though I was drinking.

Shame, I really liked the way it kept my pod clean on the muddy days.