My best find so far!

LandOLincoln

Just got over to a permission for an hour today and glad i did. I only did most of the front yard, once over, and I just found my best find so far. Take a look.

Attachments

• IMG_20180524_12995.jpg
    IMG_20180524_12995.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_20180524_143.jpg
    IMG_20180524_143.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_20180524_14535.jpg
    IMG_20180524_14535.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 594
Nice find even in POOR shape that's an $80 coin

GREAT FIND !!

Is it worth getting a coin like this graded? I know its hard to tell from the pic but it doesnt look as bad as many of the coins i see online. Im sure its good condition at best.

Is it worth getting a coin like this graded? I know its hard to tell from the pic but it doesnt look as bad as many of the coins i see online. Im sure its good condition at best.

On Ebay I don't see many "graded" ones unless the are in pretty darn good shape to make it worth the expense.

So I guess it depends if you wanted to sell it or not I suppose .. is that what you want to do with it.. sell it?

If not tell yourself and anyone else who will listen it is VERY good and worth x amount of dollars.. and be pretty stoked you found a semi key date this early in your career.. I know I would be doing the happy dance !!

On Ebay I don't see many "graded" ones unless the are in pretty darn good shape to make it worth the expense.

So I guess it depends if you wanted to sell it or not I suppose .. is that what you want to do with it.. sell it?

If not tell yourself and anyone else who will listen it is VERY good and worth x amount of dollars.. and be pretty stoked you found a semi key date this early in your career.. I know I would be doing the happy dance !!

No I am not interested in selling it right now, but one day, maybe. Oh i am super stoked, 1921 silver is not so common. Stopped at the LCS to get a hard case for it and the owner was impressed with the find. And he said the condition is not too bad either.

Great find! It kills me that with just over a million minted it is a key date coin though, I know of far more rare coins that have less than 1/5 the value.

Congrats on the Merc and Rosie !!! I found a 1921 D Merc and ended up selling it a few years back. It was in really good shape but I took it to several coin shops and they discouraged me from trying to get it graded. They said that even though it looked good, a professional could tell that it was a dug coin. I ended up finding a collector that would give me a decent price for it.

IMO, by the time you have it shipped, graded, and all that noise, your probably right around the value of the coin maybe more. BUT, that's a pretty rare coin, and your likely to NEVER find another. That fact alone would make me want to do it. That's an awesome group of finds, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom