• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Thanks for the Add

diepolder5

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the hobby here in Fla. I bought a Garrett ace 300 and a Garrett pro pointer to start with. My plan is to hit the beaches in my area and see how i do. It will be a great workout while having fun.

Welcome, from PA! There are lots of great resources in this forum, and eons of combined experience to draw on. Spend some time looking through the beach and water posts. Plenty of great wisdom is filed away for you. I haven't been to the beach too many times, but the advice I received from this forum helped tremendously. I assume you'll be staying in the dry or damp sand.
My first detector was the Ace 350. That thing carries on something terrible the closer I get to the water. So do some reading about finding fresh drops in dry sand. Good luck, and welcome to your new addiction!

Welcome Aboard! What part of Florida? If you don't have a scoop, get one, you'll be glad you did. No need to get one of the real expensive ones right off, there's plenty of good ones for under $50 out there. Looking forward to seeing plenty of cool finds out of ya! I used to live in Panama City Beach and hunted the beaches for like 40 hours a week at my peak. After I went back to work I averaged about 20-25 a week. I live in New Orleans now so I'll be living vicariously through you... don't let me down! :yes:

Oh, and you live in Florida so you probably know... Sunscreen is your best friend. I wear those UV resistant shirts and a Gator and fishing Hat with a neck flap, skin cancers a beeyotch.

20221022_121732[1].jpg

20221022_145500[1].jpg

Hello everyone.My plan is to hit the beaches in my area and see how i do. It will be a great workout while having fun.

You will have a great time. And look out for cars : ) some beaches have traffic.
Most don't now I believe.

i look forward to posting my finds i live in the Clearwater area so it should be fun.

Welcome Aboard! What part of Florida? If you don't have a scoop, get one, you'll be glad you did. No need to get one of the real expensive ones right off, there's plenty of good ones for under $50 out there. Looking forward to seeing plenty of cool finds out of ya! I used to live in Panama City Beach and hunted the beaches for like 40 hours a week at my peak. After I went back to work I averaged about 20-25 a week. I live in New Orleans now so I'll be living vicariously through you... don't let me down! :yes:

Oh, and you live in Florida so you probably know... Sunscreen is your best friend. I wear those UV resistant shirts and a Gator and fishing Hat with a neck flap, skin cancers a beeyotch.

View attachment 508364

View attachment 508370

Back
Top Bottom