Etrac discontinued

No, but that’s not really surprising. Hopefully it means they’re preparing to release a new FBS detector..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but that’s not really surprising. Hopefully it means they’re preparing to release a new FBS detector..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by a dealer 3 weeks ago with an in at Minelab that an Etrac replacement will be release this year. It was supposed to be out already but covidd has things backed up. He said the CTX replacement is 1-2 years out. When its released it will blow your mind. Its supposed to have target imaging. This could all be !!!!, I have no idea. That's what he told me.

I was told by a dealer 3 weeks ago with an in at Minelab that an Etrac replacement will be release this year. It was supposed to be out already but covidd has things backed up. He said the CTX replacement is 1-2 years out. When its released it will blow your mind. Its supposed to have target imaging. This could all be !!!!, I have no idea. That's what he told me.

That would be nice. I'd love to see a light weight Etrac.

I have been saying for over a year the Etrac and CTX were due to be phased out. Big online sellers stock has been sold out or very limited on the Etrac and CTX for awhile. 'There have been polls/suggestions about what people find useful and would like to see on the new Minelab flagship detectors. As in these polls were being reported back to Minelab. One of the forums hinted at units were already field tested.

Every once in a while I wonder about the future of metal detecting -- surely someday the technology will exist to "see through dirt" -- or at least a 3D MRI of sorts. With today's technology (in almost every smartphone), between GPS, electronic compass, and the accelerometers and gyroscopes in tiny microchips, it's possible for a detector or know "exactly" where it is, and add up the data from multiple passes over an area, and build a map of what's down there. Not a "picture", but a grid of target IDs. Then you can zoom in and out on any area you've swept. The more you sweep a spot, the more data it has to identify what's in that spot. Foolproof? No way, but one more incremental advancement in the hobby.

I don't expect to see images of buried objects in my lifetime-- hells bells think of the resolution needed to tell a coin from a bottle cap, even if you can "see" its outline. Maybe someday the Fisher MRI2051 will outperform the Garrett CatScan2049, but neither one will be able to tell a ring from a pulltab missing it's beavertail. LOL keep digging it all! :)

I notice that some dealers are no longer listing the Etrac. I also notice that some dealers are now listing the Safari at $799 which is 200 below MMAP. So we may see more than the Etrac biting the dust.

I have been saying for over a year the Etrac and CTX were due to be phased out. Big online sellers stock has been sold out or very limited on the Etrac and CTX for awhile. 'There have been polls/suggestions about what people find useful and would like to see on the new Minelab flagship detectors. As in these polls were being reported back to Minelab. One of the forums hinted at units were already field tested.

Haven't heard much from Brandon Ray Neice (aka: Dr.Tones) on Youtube lately. Perhaps it's b/c he's been busy with a top secret new machine...

I notice that some dealers are no longer listing the Etrac. I also notice that some dealers are now listing the Safari at $799 which is 200 below MMAP. So we may see more than the Etrac biting the dust.

Adorama was selling the Safari (new) for $500 a few months ago...

The Equinox made other detectors obsolete. Minelab got laughed at for that. Turned out to be true .

The Equinox made other detectors obsolete. Minelab got laughed at for that. Turned out to be true .

The only reason they would obsolete anything is because the sales are not there. No company is going to obsolete a detector that is selling well. Now people BUYING Equinox's and NOT Etrac's might obsolete them. That is no fault of the Etrac. I would still like to have one. I am waiting to see what Minelab's new flagship model will be first. After that we will see. I have already started saving my pennies.

Maybe someday the Fisher MRI2051 will outperform the Garrett CatScan2049, but neither one will be able to tell a ring from a pulltab missing it's beavertail. LOL keep digging it all! :)

Maybe so, but the Minelab EQ80052 will obsolete both of them.

Maybe so, but the Minelab EQ80052 will obsolete both of them.

Minelab Equinox marketing hyperbole, nothing more. Or call them lies. Aimed at the feeble minded masses. I resent most of them, regardless of what company is lying to me.

adjective: obsolete
1. no longer produced or used; out of date.

Yep, everything else stopped production or got thrown in a corner. It's that good. :eyeroll:

The really controversial statement from Minelab actually was:

"The Equinox obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors."

That basically doomed their own X-Terras, Eureka Golds and Goldmonster 1000s too along with the original Go-Finds which were an abomination from the start.

They carefully avoided saying anything about making FBS/FBS2 detectors obsolete since it was so early in the Equinox roll-out when they published that infamous statement.

Current Minelab lineup for recreational detectors for 2021/2022 from their official investor’s report:

Attachments

• 1B8B6002-D2EB-4414-AACA-B20A44436CB5.jpg
    1B8B6002-D2EB-4414-AACA-B20A44436CB5.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 884
Current Minelab lineup for recreational detectors for 2021/2022 from their official investor’s report:

OK Mac, now that you've got everybody's attention, care to speculate ? The original op states the Etrac discontinued but the pic still shows it. Possibly a hybrid, FBS-Multi-IQ if that even possible ? Your thoughts ?

Back
Top Bottom