Oh Hi There

Swartsy

Hello there. I'm 30 years old and I'm from The Netherlands and have been fascinated by history for as long as I know. Was introduced to metal detecting when I was around 12 y/o. Got a Tesoro Bandido back then and still using it today. It never has disappointed me. I'm going for some serious equipment next month to pick up my hobby and passion in a more serious matter. I figured I had to register myself on this forum in order to gather information if I don't know what I found and to share my findings to the world. Feel free to ask any questions, if you have any ^^

Last edited:
Hello there. I'm 30 years old and I'm from The Netherlands and have been fascinated by history for as long as I know. Was introduced to metal detecting when I was around 12 y/o. Got a Tesoro Bandido back then and still using it today. It never has disappointed me. I'm going for some serious equipment next month to pick up my hobby and passion in a more serious matter. I figured I had to register myself on this forum in order to gather information if I don't know what I found and to share my findings to the world. Feel free to ask any questions, if you have any ^^

Wilkommen! I just started here two days ago myself. Didnt have a working detector for like two years but just picked up a Tesoro Bandido also! Also just scored a used Makro Gold Kruzer on Ebay, barely broken in yet...for $400!

Wilkommen! I just started here two days ago myself. Didnt have a working detector for like two years but just picked up a Tesoro Bandido also! Also just scored a used Makro Gold Kruzer on Ebay, barely broken in yet...for $400!

I'm going to buy myself a Garrett AT Pro, Max or Apex. Haven't decided yet. Although I'm leaning towards the AT Pro.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Gary mds5.gif

Welcome Swartsy, and good luck hunting. Will you be metal detecting in the Netherlands, or other countries, and relic hunting only, or also beach and water hunts?

Welcome Swartsy, and good luck hunting. Will you be metal detecting in the Netherlands, or other countries, and relic hunting only, or also beach and water hunts?

Thank you.
Since I'm gonna pick up the game a little more seriously, other than The Netherlands, I'm expecting to visit surrounding countries in Europe like Germany, Belgium, France and Poland. Would love to go to the UK as well. I'm expecting to go on water hunts as well. I'm not that interested in beach hunts but I'll definitely give it a go. However beach and water hunts are not my main focus.

Good luck, and post here when you get to doing it.

I've been to Norway a bunch of times, but never had a metal detector with me. Have family and friends there. If I ever were to go back, that would definitely be on the plane with me.

Back
Top Bottom