XLT - Old technology?

dutchroots

I got started detecting this year and have been using an Ace 250. Works great. But I recently bought a used White's XLT, thinking once I got all the bells and whistles figured out I would be using it instead of the Ace.

I was just wondering why there isn't much discussion here about the XLT. Is it an old model? Old technology? Too hard to learn?

I wouldn't say it is old technology. The XLT, as many of its users will tell you, is actually a great coinshooting machine. You should do quite well with it. :)

The XLT is a superb machine. Just go to the UK Detector Finds Database and have a look at the amazing ancient coins and artefacts which are being found with the XLT. Go here:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/index.php

and search for "whites xlt". When I looked there were 33 pages of stunning coins and artefacts found specifically with the xlt (open the record for each item and you will see the detector used to find it towards the bottom). That says it all, and those were only the finds which got onto this database. There are thousands more similar XLT finds out there.

Search again using "whites eagle" and you'll find several pages of high grade items - the old Whites Eagle Spectrum is said to be even better than the XLT.

Austin :)

I Agree...

The XLT is a great machine. I used one for three years and found loads of great stuff.... mostly Civil War relics. If you're relic hunting, you might want to Google "XLT programs" for an additional free relic program to add to the XLT. I found a good one and it made a big difference in the depth of my finds. I had to start digging a lot deeper! If I still had the machine I would pass the program along to you, but sold it for my new fancy water detector!

Good luck to you...

Wow, thanks guys! I will stick with the XLT then. I've been using it instead of the Ace 250 for just a few outings now and I can feel the difference.

That database site is great. Do we have anything similar for the US or North America?

Chris

Back
Top Bottom