Oct 17th Update - MTHA Hunt - 95% booked. "Half-Day" slots remain

jimther

Elite Member
[EDIT] UPDATE: October 17th, 2019 - 11:20 AM

Just got word that we have had a few hunters cancel for the October 20th MTHA Hunt. This opens up a few slots for "Full-Day" hunters. Online registration only, at our web site. https://registration.masstreasure.com/index.php/shop/

There are also some "Half Day" slots still available for Morning or Afternoon hunts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As of 4 PM today, Monday 23-Sept, we are now at 80 "Full-Day" hunters of the 80 person limit or 100% booked for "Full Day" hunters.

Some "MORNING only" and "AFTERNOON only" half-day slots still available ONLINE (five or six of each). These do not qualify for entry into the Door Prize drawing. As of today, 23-September, there are about 5 or 6 Morning-Only or Afternoon-Only slots available.

MAIL-IN Registration is now CLOSED.

"Walk-Ins" will be honored for "Half-Day" hunters only (Morning OR Afternoon hunt) if those available slots have not been filled by the October 20th hunt day. Best to check availability online before deciding to travel to hunt site as a "Walk-In".

Please see the full announcement at: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=274765

Jim

Last edited:
Of the 80 detectorist limit for "Full-Day" hunters, we now have at least 60 registered, either by our new online method or thru U.S. Mail. I have not checked our PO Box in five or six days, so we may have a few more sitting there at the Post Office.

Deadline for qualifying for the early registration prize drawing is October 5th.

Please see the full announcement at: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=274765

Jim

Just over a month away :mder::thumbsup::woot:
Jim, not sure if you got my PM. But would it be okay to donate 5 silver coins to the club (to seed the beach at the hunt), even though I am not a member? You guys are always good to me, and I want to pay it forward. Please ask Sandy and let me know. Looking forward to the hunt, appreciate your help!
Jeff

Just over a month away :mder::thumbsup::woot:
Jim, not sure if you got my PM. But would it be okay to donate 5 silver coins to the club (to seed the beach at the hunt), even though I am not a member? You guys are always good to me, and I want to pay it forward. Please ask Sandy and let me know. Looking forward to the hunt, appreciate your help!
Jeff

Hi Jeff. Sorry, I don't see a PM from you about this, but I just texted Sandi and club officers. Scott, our president, said "Heck Yeah... and THANK YOU!".
No need to get them to Sandi beforehand. Day of the Hunt is fine. Again, thanks Jeff.

Jim

Okay, looks like I grabbed the last one!

Yes Tim... that was you alright. Glad you made it under the wire.

In a reply to the original hunt announcement, I listed the FMDF forum members who I knew had signed up. I have a feeling there are other forum members who have also registered that I'm not aware of yet.

So, dlax... did you register ?

At last year's hunt, I got a group photo of the Forum members there and posted it in the 2018 MTHA Hunt announcement thread.

I hope to do the same this year. Come forth and identify yourselves, forum readers who have registered :detector:

See you on October 20th, and Good Luck everyone !

I'm very camera shy, but I will make an exception for this hunt. Just look for a big scary guy who looks a little bit like Trey Anastasio (Phish).

Attachments

• 636468664199232927-AP-17139575447099.jpg
    636468664199232927-AP-17139575447099.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 770
As of 4 PM today, Monday 23-Sept, we are now at 80 "Full-Day" hunters of the 80 person limit or 100% booked for "Full Day" hunters.

Some "MORNING only" and "AFTERNOON only" half-day slots still available ONLINE (five or six of each). These do not qualify for entry into the Door Prize drawing. As of today, 23-September, there are about 5 or 6 Morning-Only or Afternoon-Only slots available.

MAIL-IN Registration is now CLOSED.

"Walk-Ins" will be honored for "Half-Day" hunters only (Morning OR Afternoon hunt) if those available slots have not been filled by the October 20th hunt day. Best to check availability online before deciding to travel to hunt site as a "Walk-In".

Jim

Jim,
I'm a bit confused here...…...your post says that the 80 person limit has been achieved regarding full day hunters but half day hunter spots are still open. Does this mean that there will in fact be a lot more than 80 hunters in each hunt? If so, why have an 80 person limit?

Jim,
I'm a bit confused here...…...your post says that the 80 person limit has been achieved regarding full day hunters but half day hunter spots are still open. Does this mean that there will in fact be a lot more than 80 hunters in each hunt? If so, why have an 80 person limit?

Ed, from what I understand, they limited the full day hunters to 80, not sure the limit on half day hunters. I was also under the impression it would be 80 hunters TOTAL. Maybe Jim can help clarify?

Jim,

Ed, from what I understand, they limited the full day hunters to 80, not sure the limit on half day hunters. I was also under the impression it would be 80 hunters TOTAL. Maybe Jim can help clarify?

Ed and Jeff: Thanks for your questions.

This was MTHA's first year at setting a limit on hunters. My original post with the Hunt announcement thread does say: "You may sign up for the morning hunt, afternoon hunt or for both hunts" and then "We are limiting the number of full day hunters to 80. They will be eligible for a door prize" (the Minelab Equinox 600).

To give better odds for winning the door prize, the decision was made to limit eligibility to those who signed up for the WHOLE day by Oct 5th. Half day hunters, and "walk-ins" were not eligible for the Equinox 600.

As of today, we have only one half day hunter registered in addition to the 80 "Full Day" hunters, and we have half a dozen slots for AM or PM half day hunters, so no Ed, there never was a possibility of having "... a lot more than 80 hunters in each hunt". Even though we have built into the online registration process, 6 slots for AM or PM hunts, our realistic expectation, based on past hunts, is maybe 2-3 at most.

No "Full Day" walk-ins will be accepted because we have reached the 80 limit on those.

Each year, we have tried to accommodate the few who we know will only be able to do a half day, for whatever reason. Even if the "half day" slots fill up, that means a max of 86 hunters on the field at one time, but only the "Full Day" folks have a chance to win the Equinox 600.

See you in October... and GOOD LUCK !

Jim

Ed and Jeff: Thanks for your questions.

This was MTHA's first year at setting a limit on hunters. My original post with the Hunt announcement thread does say: "You may sign up for the morning hunt, afternoon hunt or for both hunts" and then "We are limiting the number of full day hunters to 80. They will be eligible for a door prize" (the Minelab Equinox 600).

To give better odds for winning the door prize, the decision was made to limit eligibility to those who signed up for the WHOLE day by Oct 5th. Half day hunters, and "walk-ins" were not eligible for the Equinox 600.

As of today, we have only one half day hunter registered in addition to the 80 "Full Day" hunters, and we have half a dozen slots for AM or PM half day hunters, so no Ed, there never was a possibility of having "... a lot more than 80 hunters in each hunt". Even though we have built into the online registration process, 6 slots for AM or PM hunts, our realistic expectation, based on past hunts, is maybe 2-3 at most.

No "Full Day" walk-ins will be accepted because we have reached the 80 limit on those.

Each year, we have tried to accommodate the few who we know will only be able to do a half day, for whatever reason. Even if the "half day" slots fill up, that means a max of 86 hunters on the field at one time, but only the "Full Day" folks have a chance to win the Equinox 600.

See you in October... and GOOD LUCK !

Jim

Thanks for the clarification Jim. See you on the 20th.

Member-donated silver

In addition to all the purchased and seeded silver & clad coins, detectors, $10 and $50 cash prizes, digging tools (Lesche & Sampson), dealer and manufacturer-donated goodies, pinpointers (Minelab and Garrett), Civil War relics donated by Treasure Mountain Detectors, MINT coins & coin sets donated by MTHA, etc., etc, our own MTHA members have donated over 160 SILVER COINS, including:

- 2 Peace Dollars
- 1972 Ike (not sure if this is the Silver-Clad '72)
- 2 Walking Halves
- A Franklin Half
- 1 90% Kennedy Half
- 5 40% Kennedy Halves
- 2 35% War Nickels
- A Standing Liberty Quarter
- 7 Washington quarters
- A Barber Dime
- 23 Mercury dimes
- 120 Roosevelt dimes

Photo of Member-donated silver

Attachments

• Member_donated silver.jpg
    Member_donated silver.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:
Left Overs any one ?

Hey, with all that loot getting buried, does any one track where it's all placed? will there be a retrieval crew after the event, to pick up what was not found by participants ? I'd hate to see any of that get left behind.

Hey, with all that loot getting buried, does any one track where it's all placed? will there be a retrieval crew after the event, to pick up what was not found by participants ? I'd hate to see any of that get left behind.

Usually targets are gone pretty quick (seeded targets that is) and after the event ends, it goes back to DCR rules, which means no MD'ing. So if we DO miss anything, its safe to say it might just still be there at next years hunt. Thats why I like that they do 2 seperate hunts, so you have another shot to find something if you didn't the first time! But finds aside, its a great group of people that enjoy the same hobby, always have a great time with this group, the finds are just a bonus. See you there!
Jeff

Hey TrenchKnife... Where IS NE NA?

Is "nutmegger" a reference to Connecticut?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom