Batteries in TDK WR700 wireless headphones

Dougmeister

Elite Member
Do you guys leave them in or take them out when not using them?

I left them in and they seemed to die quicker. I thought I made sure I turned off both the transmitter and the headphones...

I leave them in. Will remove all my device batteries and charge them up once snow comes for good. I haven't seen any loss of charge while they are off but since I use rechargeables it really wouldn't matter, seems like they last forever!!

How do you like the WR700's so far??

Now that I bought some camo wrap to hold the transmitter and the cables to the AT Pro, I like it more.

Having a tough time figuring out how to affix it to the detector but still allow a battery swap. I think some folks have screwed the transmitter onto the main body... not sure I'm ready to do that.

Velcro works for me, I put it on the front side, not on the battery door. I do have to remove it to turn it on and off, but hey its only Velcro.
picture.php

I have a different transmitter but the battery dies if left in and not used for a week. These devices have soft switches (not a true on/off that opens the circuit) so some small amount of power is always flowing waiting for the button push. If I remove my battery it will stay fully charged for months.

I have a different transmitter but the battery dies if left in and not used for a week. These devices have soft switches (not a true on/off that opens the circuit) so some small amount of power is always flowing waiting for the button push. If I remove my battery it will stay fully charged for months.

That answers why my new 700s with fresh batteries showed weakness, all without me even running the HPs but for 10 minutes just playing with them in the yard.

It will be a hassle removing batts in the transmitter, HPs too for that matter. Just something else to lose.

The HPs aren't spectacular. There is some lag, but for the price, they're nice anyway.

Thanks for the heads up on the soft switches. These batteries cost me half the cost in the whole package, but we can all use spare AAA rechargables for sumpthin.

That answers why my new 700s with fresh batteries showed weakness, all without me even running the HPs but for 10 minutes just playing with them in the yard.

It will be a hassle removing batts in the transmitter, HPs too for that matter. Just something else to lose.

The HPs aren't spectacular. There is some lag, but for the price, they're nice anyway.

Thanks for the heads up on the soft switches. These batteries cost me half the cost in the whole package, but we can all use spare AAA rechargables for sumpthin.

If they are new rechargeable, they need to be cycled discharged/charged about 3 time before they will have their full capacity. If you have not done so, invest in a smart charger like the one I have http://www.amazon.com/La-Crosse-Technology-Battery-Charger/dp/B000RSOV50 . Check out the questions and answer on amazon to get a good idea of what this thing can do and why having it is worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom