Coiltek 14×9″ DD Coil for Minelab CTX 3030 question

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I do civil war relic hunting and silver coin hunting in very metallic trashy parks and areas along creeks in urban Atlanta.

I am wondering what your experience has been with Coiltek 14×9″ DD Coil for Minelab CTX 3030.

Would it be better for my type of hunting than the stock coil I am now using. Not at all unhappy with the stock coil.

Stick with the stock coil it's deeper and that 14 x 9 dd coil is 1 heavy pup weighs more than the 13 x 17 it's mainly used to water hunt that's why it's so heavy . sube

Stick with the stock coil it's deeper and that 14 x 9 dd coil is 1 heavy pup weighs more than the 13 x 17 it's mainly used to water hunt that's why it's so heavy . sube

thanks for the advice. Like I said, I have no complaints about stock coil and the CTX3030 is designed and optimized (I would guess) for their stock coil.

I might consider a 6" coil if I start doing a lot of creek hunting. There are plenty of creeks that flow through my civil war hunting areas in Atlanta. Those are the few remaining areas I can hunt because they build homes on every other square foot of available space in urban Atlanta.

That’s what I understand too…heavy so it sinks. Whatever the case, it’s the same price as a 17” coil for it and as a park hunter it’s a no brainer….17” coil. In the creeks you’ll want the stock or 6” for sure.👍

Sube and I are freezing our nads off right now so go do some hunting and filming!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom