• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Happy to freeze

MasonDixonMding

Elite Member
Thursday I got my new nel thunder. So I was dying to try it. I waited today for the temp to go up to 20 deg and the wind was blowing 15 miles an hour. It was cold but I had the itch! Luckily I live next to a 1800s house that I have permission to hunt. I have only hit around the house in the past and haven’t found anything but toy cars bullets and trash. I haven’t been able to hunt the fields because of hunting season. So I started swing thru the field down the hill to the old house. Hunted for maybe 20 mins. My hands where numb. I started back up the hill and got a good strong signal bouncing around 70 to 80 on my f75. Because I’ve only found trash here I was thinking it probably trash. But may be it was a clad quarter or a silver dime? I was frozen so I didn’t take pics or even look at it. I put it in my pocket filled the hole and headed home. Got back in my work shop next to the wood stove and pulled it out of my pocket wiped it off and was happy to see details. 1819 my oldest coin. Now I can’t wait to go back out and try some more.
But it’s not getting warmer and snow is coming in tomorrow. Dam I love this stuff!

Attachments

• 2640992D-D6B7-4779-918F-FA18C6C62C9F.jpg
    2640992D-D6B7-4779-918F-FA18C6C62C9F.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 137
That's so cool. Down here you're lucky to find something in the early 1900's. Something over 200 years is awesome.

I know I’m very lucky to live where I do. I have three 1800s houses and one cellar hole that I can hunted with in 1/2 mile of my home. The one I found this last coin is a 100 yards down the hill from my home. It’s forecasted the temps to go down to 10 deg tonight. So tomorrow I’m thinking everything is going to be frozen. You got to take the good with the bad.

Congrats on your new oldest coin. Always a treat to dig an LC, and a 200 + year old one is awesome. Braving the elements paid off. Well done. Mark

Back
Top Bottom