• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lower farm cache mystery solved

History Junkie

As some of you may know, I have been searching the lower portion of my Father in law's farm trying to find silver and only digging up trash. It has been quite frustrating. The previous owners of that portion of land had inhabited it since the 1860s, there has to be some good stuff down there.

This week my father-in law gave me the layout of where the outbuildings sat in the forties. He described the previous owners as hard working, clever and resourceful. Then he showed me where the brick barbecue sat.
Thats when it hit me.

Those ingenious previous owners MELTED DOWN all of the silver before they hid it. They molded it into shapes that look just like aluminum pie pans, beer cans, pull tabs and metal toothpaste tubes. Then they buried it in strategic locations around the farm house thinking that no one could figure it out! They never counted on me.

So this weekend I'm going to shovel the metric ton of "junk ;)" into the old minivan and head to the jewelry store and proudly cash it in.

I'll think about you all as I am sitting on the beach in the Bahamas nursing a beer while you poor suckers go to work for a living. I'll post some pics when I get there.

It's been fun,
HJ       :grin:

Back
Top Bottom