Old cache found! Lots of silver!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSilver

So, In my spare time I work with cleaning up old houses. When we clean them up we can keep whatever we find. Since today was Christmas only I offered to work. I went in this house and started picking up things and throwing them away. Well I didn't find anything great but in the last 15 minutes I was cleaning cabinets getting read for them to get knocked off. Well, I knock on the top of the cabinets to see if they're hollow when I found one that was. I looked on the top and there was a butchers block holding down a peice of plywood. I took off the block then the plywood. I lifted t up then to m surprise nothing...BUT I luckily looked inside then to the side and found something ductaped to the wall I then took off the ductape and took out a BANK BAG!!!!. My heart skipped a beat! I looked inside and saw an assortment of buffalo nickels, canadian coins, US coins, and other foreign countries. I looked back inside the top of the cabinet and saw a tiny hole beside where the bank bag was. I tooka flashlight and saw two more ductape webs off the bat! Sadly, my shift was over and I sold be going back soon to finish the job since I'm the only one allowed.
Here's the conetenta of this bag:
-29 Washington Silvers
-24 Canadian Silver Quarters
-7 Buffalo Nickels
-7 Canadian Silver Halves
-Early Canadian Dime
-1911 ten peso silver Philippines
-5 Assorted Tokens (1 may be gold)
-7 silver assorted Francs
-141 Silver Roosies
-2 Silver 5 Pesos
-10 Mercs
-30 Canadian silver dimes
Hope to get back to open up those bags!

Cool...I agree.....reaching out your hand and grabbing the other two bags full of silver coins sounds way too tiring and boring.

Cool...I agree.....reaching out your hand and grabbing the other two bags full of silver coins sounds way too tiring and boring.

Dude, they wouldn't let me back in the house my time was over. It was Christmas I didn't want to spend all of my time digging out bags of coins from a tiny little hole.

I took a flashlight and saw two more ductape webs off the bat! Sadly, my shift was over and I should be going back soon to finish the job since I'm the only one allowed.

In what way would shift ending time factor in? I am finding hidden bags of treasure left behind by someone, nothing is going to stop that. Did you have to go clock out or something? WTH? Had to be a way to clock out and go back. Crazy story. PODH!

Dude, they wouldn't let me back in the house my time was over. It was Christmas I didn't want to spend all of my time digging out bags of coins from a tiny little hole.

They? You said you were the only one cleaning out the house. If they are the homeowners, why would you be able to keep anything?

Yeah I never retrieve any treasures on Christmas either LOL!!!

Yes please, I love to see pictures of piles of silver coins. Congrats on one of the biggest coin caches I have ever heard of on the forum. I hope you post pics. These are the most exciting threads on the forum. This rocks.

In what way would shift ending time factor in? I am finding hidden bags of treasure left behind by someone, nothing is going to stop that. Did you have to go clock out or something? WTH? Had to be a way to clock out and go back. Crazy story. PODH!

They? You said you were the only one cleaning out the house. If they are the homeowners, why would you be able to keep anything?

Yeah I never retrieve any treasures on Christmas either LOL!!!

1#: I had already been out for an hour more than I would have. I needed some extra cash that the homeowners pay after each time you come to give my parents for Christmas. By my shift ending I mean that I didn't have any equipment other than some lifting cable type things and a pocket knife. I would have to knock down that wall requiring I take down the cabinet and take something that can break down that wall.

#2: By they, yes I mean the homeowners. They were upset tha I was there an hour past what I was supposed to be there until. And if you read through my post one more time the workers can keep whatever they want as long as the homeowners approve, so I showed them and they let me have them. I haven't told them about the others I have seen yet.

The other 2 bags had gold coins in them. That's why he didn't want them, because he's MisterSilver not MisterGold.

Haha I like your sense of humor! I took the pictures but now I gotta out em on my computer I also have a few questions for you guys also haha

Hey Mistersilver. I noticed your numbers on your sig. You found 10 silvers, 1 gold, and 44 wheaties and only 3.68 in clad. That is the best keeper to clad ratio I think I have ever seen. And you did it with an F2. I know people with high end machines that have been at this hobby for many many years that can't touch that. I am not asking you to reveal your secrets but I would really like to do well in 2013 so any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sonny.

Hey Mistersilver. I noticed your numbers on your sig. You found 10 silvers, 1 gold, and 44 wheaties and only 3.68 in clad. That is the best keeper to clad ratio I think I have ever seen. And you did it with an F2. I know people with high end machines that have been at this hobby for many many years that can't touch that. I am not asking you to reveal your secrets but I would really like to do well in 2013 so any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sonny.

Sure, I'll send you a pm not to much up this thread. On another hand, here are the pictures. Here's my two questions...Why are a lot of these toned? Also, why would they use a bank bag for cents when it's filled with everything with minimal cents?

Attachments

• 101_0555.jpg
    101_0555.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,777
  • 101_0556.jpg
    101_0556.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,774
  • 101_0557.jpg
    101_0557.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,773
  • 101_0558.jpg
    101_0558.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,765
  • 101_0559.jpg
    101_0559.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 101_0565.jpg
    101_0565.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,790
  • 101_0563.jpg
    101_0563.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 101_0562.jpg
    101_0562.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,780
  • 101_0561.jpg
    101_0561.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,777
  • 101_0560.jpg
    101_0560.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,779
Sure, I'll send you a pm not to much up this thread. On another hand, here are the pictures. Here's my two questions...Why are a lot of these toned? Also, why would they use a bank bag for cents when it's filled with everything with minimal cents?

Looks like it happened...

Congrats. Some guys have all the luck, I swear... :grin:

I can't answer your questions but that is one hell of a find you made. Check them all for key dates. Big congratulations. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom