Seated Dime And Forum Friend Hunts

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got off to a slow start since the last report but finished with a very good and fun weekend. In the middle I got to the permission that was on the tearout from last report. For this report I got out for five hunts. The first I came home with only a War Nickle and clad. The second a Rosie was my only keeper. The third outing was that tearout permission that provided a big smile. The booty was 2 Merc's a Buffalo Nickle and a 1876 Seated Dime. After that outing I took three days off bringing this weekend into play. Saturday I got to share a hunt with IDX Monster. We hunted a location that we pounded with the CTX's. I was using the Nox and managed a Merc and a Rosie along with 33 Nickels. Just a fun hunt in heat. Today took a trip North by Dewsweeper and like always he is a great host. We did a little bouncing but he put me on the Silver. First site produced a Buffalo, second a Merc, third gave us both Rosie's, the forth a blank but the last put 2 Merc's and a Sterling Ring into my coffers and making a 5 Silver day. With these additions Silver count now stands at 265 for the year. Until the next HH all. Trapper

Attachments

• 8-5-18 .jpg
    8-5-18 .jpg
    45 KB · Views: 371
  • 8-5-18 2.jpg
    8-5-18 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 8-6-18 .jpg
    8-6-18 .jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 8-7-18 .jpg
    8-7-18 .jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 360
  • 8-7-18 1 .jpg
    8-7-18 1 .jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 8-12-18 3.jpg
    8-12-18 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 8-12-18 2.jpg
    8-12-18 2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 8-12-18 .jpg
    8-12-18 .jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 8-11-18 .jpg
    8-11-18 .jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 333
It was HOT and I felt like a wet sponge by the time we got done but it’s always fun,no matter what! I didn’t realize you dug 33 nickels on Saturday alone?? That’s ludicrous! I’m sure you guys had fun today,I know it’s still HOT! This fall will feel like heaven compared to what the weather has been everywhere it seems,but there ain’t much thatll keep a dedicated hunter indoors! Unless they have some gardening to do,that is...;)
We are all waiting with baited breath to see what the 2018 silver coin count is Trapper. If your streak isn’t inspiration for others to just go hunt,I don’t know what is!

That’s crazy, 33 Nickels! Excellent finds Trapper! That seated is sweet! I dug 13 wheats today... Haha

Congrats to all the many great finds Trapper!
Thank you JAK. It has been a great ride so far.
It was HOT and I felt like a wet sponge by the time we got done but it’s always fun,no matter what! I didn’t realize you dug 33 nickels on Saturday alone?? That’s ludicrous! I’m sure you guys had fun today,I know it’s still HOT! This fall will feel like heaven compared to what the weather has been everywhere it seems,but there ain’t much thatll keep a dedicated hunter indoors! Unless they have some gardening to do,that is...;)
We are all waiting with baited breath to see what the 2018 silver coin count is Trapper. If your streak isn’t inspiration for others to just go hunt,I don’t know what is!
A great time had for sure, next time we need to shut down the heat a few degrees. I pulled around the corner when leaving and stopped. Changed my socks, they were so wet from sweat. Fall will be heaven hunting as long as we get the rain. We need to find a new honey hole. preferred not to hold eraser heads, pull tabs, can slaw, or headstamps.
That’s crazy, 33 Nickels! Excellent finds Trapper! That seated is sweet! I dug 13 wheats today... Haha
You found more Wheat's in one hunt Tom than I did for this whole report. A odd week for me as I did not find a Wheat in 2 of the hunts, only 1 yesterday. Just 2 on the permission. But did get 9 along with the Rosie in the 2nd hunt.
Wow that’s a great hunt!
Appreciate your reply Digger. Been a bunch of pretty good hunts this year. The best seemed to be shared hunts with fellow forum friends. Trapper

Seems you wisco guys have been skipping nickel and gold signals for a looooong time :grin: you guys are doing the right thing going back and digging them. Some thin silver can even come up that low. A great week Jack, a beautiful seated coin to go with the rest of the goodies too. Good luck this week, and keep up the great hunting!

Oh man, that seated would bring a smile to me too. Congrats on the finds and adding more silver to your collection. Glad to see you get out with your buds.

Great hunt guys....
Thank you for your response, it is appreciated. I always enjoy shared hunts, it just makes the finds more rewarding.
That's some fine hunting Trapper! Love the seated and the sterling, Congrats!
Thanks Ron, I hope this ride goes on for a while yet. The Seated Dime was dug on the opposite side of the fence as the Seated and Barber Quarters I dug last week. Under the same apple tree.
Pretty productive last few days i'd say. Great finds
I agree totally Dan and thank you. I think the three days off reawakened my senses. Anyway I really do like the results. Hunting with Monster add Dew's is always a treat and I'm extremely thankful for having the opportunities.
Excellent work!
Appreciate you response Nails, thank you. The results are from efforts but the time spent I have never considered it work. Trapper

Great Post! Wonderful finds and a Forum Member Hunt! You Cheeseheads seem to get along quite nicely!...You guys all seem to enjoy the comradery and thrill of the hunt with some friends! And thats really cool for us to witness and ascribe to be like...Plus, you guys pull some pretty sweet finds!

Seems you wisco guys have been skipping nickel and gold signals for a looooong time :grin: you guys are doing the right thing going back and digging them. Some thin silver can even come up that low. A great week Jack, a beautiful seated coin to go with the rest of the goodies too. Good luck this week, and keep up the great hunting!
Very kind words Jeff, thank you. The Nickle thing is really just me. I had problems with the CTX and nickles. The others guys really didn't. Heck Monster has gone out of his way to prove the CTX will find Nickles. So now I have a Nox, I'm doing some retreading to see all I missed. Needless to say I missed an awful lot of Nickles. Saying this, the "Nox" is good but it does not compare to the 3030.
Oh man, that seated would bring a smile to me too. Congrats on the finds and adding more silver to your collection. Glad to see you get out with your buds.
Thank you Jason. That Seated Dime was only about 8 or 10 feet from that Seated Quarter only a fence separated them. Hunting with my friends always makes the hunts more fulfilling. Over the years I've built some grand memories and some very close friendships.
Great Post! Wonderful finds and a Forum Member Hunt! You Cheeseheads seem to get along quite nicely!...You guys all seem to enjoy the comradery and thrill of the hunt with some friends! And thats really cool for us to witness and ascribe to be like...Plus, you guys pull some pretty sweet finds!
Very kind words Mud. Truth be told we are only this way in public. Behind close doors we all have envy and jealousy. The distaste we have for each other extends to back stabbing and name calling. I've even had stones thrown at me. You know John I think you would fit right in with us all. I look forward to a hunt or three where the guys can put a target on somebody else. Obvious a lot of bull here, The stoning was real. I loved to have you join in with us and share the good times.
Very Nice!
Appreciate your reply Calabash. These hunts have been a lot of fun. Trapper

Well Trap that ring turned out great . Pretty hefty thing also . With a little luck it will fit Jill. And with a little more luck it will fall off and land in the next batch of home made cheese curds she makes 😎.

I have no problem chipping a tooth on that honker!

As for 2019 I think you nickel slayers need to ad a category to your signatures below . Seems the nickel numbers found on your hunts are gathering momentum when it comes to adding to your and iDX Monsters already legendary status 👍

Thank you again buddy for making the day very memorable . I am looking forward to the next . Seems to me I could take you to a subdivision park built in the 90's and covered completely with asphalt and you would chizzel out a few silvers around the edges .
You have a Gift my friend.
Congradulations on all of the shiney finds and on your amaizing numbers.
Here is my keepers from last week . Nothing spectacular like your beutiful seated but it will do 👍
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Great job killing the silver guys!
I haven't found a Merc in over a month, not complaining, tokens are fun too:D

Back
Top Bottom