Xp has new video teaser. New multi freak?

I don't know either. Just a teaser video.

If there were any clues, I sure missed them.

Regtons are the UK importers of XP machines.

ZI4WuEC.jpg

I think the XP deus is the best machine on the market right now, all they could do is screw it up imo..Like my Friend Scott said, everyone is trying to reinvent the wheel.

I think the XP deus is the best machine on the market right now, all they could do is screw it up imo..Like my Friend Scott said, everyone is trying to reinvent the wheel.

How could they screw it up? Imagine the Deus with SMF tech that was at least as good as MIQ. Sure, it's unlikely, but think of how great of a machine that would be! Would probably cost more than $1,500, though...

How could they screw it up? Imagine the Deus with SMF tech that was at least as good as MIQ. Sure, it's unlikely, but think of how great of a machine that would be! Would probably cost more than $1,500, though...

I see no advantage in my finds using a simultaneous multi frequency machine. Actually I've played around with alot of machines,and nothing on the current market comes close to a deus now,just my opinion

I see no advantage in my finds using a simultaneous multi frequency machine. Actually I've played around with alot of machines,and nothing on the current market comes close to a deus now,just my opinion

Having SMF with the Deus would turn it in to a beach detector, right? XP could keep things wireless and just tell users to keep the coil from being compeltely submerged. Or, XP could created a wired and waterproof version of the Deus along with the SMF tech.

There's always ways to improve current metal detecting technology.

I don't agree at all. Maybe in farm fields. Yes in iron only situations where the only nonferrous is sparse and is relics and coins. Trashy parks, trashy yards, and even clean yards nope. Around water nope. The Equinox is better all around detector. Pretty sure most would agree with that.

If they come up with a SMF Deus it might be a game changer for land hunting. Right now all I like about the Deus is it's ergonomics, but I'm still in the learning process.

I don't agree at all. Maybe in farm fields. Yes in iron only situations where the only nonferrous is sparse and is relics and coins. Trashy parks, trashy yards, and even clean yards nope. Around water nope. The Equinox is better all around detector. Pretty sure most would agree with that.

If they come up with a SMF Deus it might be a game changer for land hunting. Right now all I like about the Deus is it's ergonomics, but I'm still in the learning process.

In heavy thick modern trash I would choose anything over the deus,it's not a thick modern trash machine.
Unmasking tho I've seen the deus absolutely put the nox to shame. Even a Simple paperclip I stuck in the ground over a longtime buried 6 inch dime and the nox could not see it, set that 800 up everyway possible and it doesn't see the dime.
Put the deus in preset basic 1 and touch nothing, it just screams on that masked dime all the way around.
Not that it means I won't use the nox,I do . But I definitely feel more confident when I use the deus ,knowing what I know about the two.. I do pretty good with the deus tho in moderate modern trash, audio tells alot .

Get rid of the wireless coil. A gimmick. An EMI nightmare. And a simultaneous multi frequency machine will do you absolutely no good on a salt water beach if you can't submerge the detector. No wire no underwater signal. And to top it all off the coils are over priced and just a pain to do the updating. Did I say get rid of the wireless coils?

Get rid of the wireless coil. A gimmick. An EMI nightmare. And a simultaneous multi frequency machine will do you absolutely no good on a salt water beach if you can't submerge the detector. No wire no underwater signal. And to top it all off the coils are over priced and just a pain to do the updating. Did I say get rid of the wireless coils?

+1. And mount the damn shaft in the middle of the coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the magic of the DEUS. How are you going to put a wired metal detector in your backpack? How are you going to change wired coils easily? Mix and match new coils with headphones and remote and you have two machines. The wireless is not a gimmick, it's awesome. I'll never get a wired detector.

In heavy thick modern trash I would choose anything over the deus,it's not a thick modern trash machine.
Unmasking tho I've seen the deus absolutely put the nox to shame. Even a Simple paperclip I stuck in the ground over a longtime buried 6 inch dime and the nox could not see it, set that 800 up everyway possible and it doesn't see the dime.
Put the deus in preset basic 1 and touch nothing, it just screams on that masked dime all the way around.
Not that it means I won't use the nox,I do . But I definitely feel more confident when I use the deus ,knowing what I know about the two.. I do pretty good with the deus tho in moderate modern trash, audio tells alot .

That paper clip over a dime is quite the test Woodbutcher. I get slightly different results than you but my dirt is different from yours.

The Nox will not detect a 6” deep dime with a paper clip 5” above it. It won’t detect the dime with the paper clip 4” above it either. It falses on the paper clip on the edge of the coil with 12 to 15 VDIs and mid tones for me in default multi Park 1 and Park 2 with or without the horseshoe button engaged. Same happens whether the iron bias is on its highest setting, medium setting or low setting. Same happens with adjustments to the recovery speed too.

Where my results differ from yours in that my Deus won’t hit it either in default Basic, Fast, Hot or Deep. The Deus falses on my paper clip in the low 80s to low 90s. I moved the paper clip off of the dime and onto clean ground and I got exactly the same responses that I got with it over the dime……………So, maybe my paper clip is not the same as yours.

Not meaning to question results here. They are just not the same as mine. I love my Deus and I love my Equinox too. They are not perfect.

I hope XP’s new detector will indeed be a simultaneous multi frequency detector with better iron handling capabilities than the Equinox and the current Deus. I sure hope I can use the HF coils that I own with the new XP detector………..Now I just have to find some more gold rings with my Equinox and Deus in order to pay for it when it is released.

I sometimes wish the coils were readily submersible and not wireless. Most of the time though, I have no major EMI problems since there is always one or more clear selectable frequencies even in urban areas. Also, most of the “detector” part of the Deus is in the coil, not the remote or WS4/5. XP would have to completely redesign the existing remote and turn it into a larger control module with the main battery and PCB inside instead of those parts being in the coil/lower shaft.

The wireless operation, ergonomics and portability of the current Deus along with its iron site and shallower gold prospecting abilities, are why I own one.

Yeah that was my point. They need to redesign the entire control module. After all it is a new detector. Putting it in a backpack? First how hard is it to wrap a coil wire into a ball? Secondly. ..how many people are putting it in a backpack? Switch coils quickly? What?...2 minutes vs 4 minutes? And to the EMI? Wireless transmission is an entry point for it to enter the system. Silent EMI is real.

Yeah that was my point. They need to redesign the entire control module. After all it is a new detector. Putting it in a backpack? First how hard is it to wrap a coil wire into a ball? Secondly. ..how many people are putting it in a backpack? Switch coils quickly? What?...2 minutes vs 4 minutes? And to the EMI? Wireless transmission is an entry point for it to enter the system. Silent EMI is real.

I had the same “cons” as you are stating in your post until I bought a Deus, used it extensively and changed my opinion.

Mine lives in a backpack when I am not using it. Being a gold prospector in rough, mountain terrain, I can literally take the lower shaft and coil off of the upper shaft and arm cuff assembly, put the upper shaft down, hold the lower shaft and coil in my hand like a pinpointer and stick it into deep holes, crevices, use it to sweep over head, on a rock side wall……….. I can’t do that with my Equinox without dealing with a coil cable.

EMI for me has not been a problem. I live at 5,000 ft with lots of atmospheric EMI, urban Denver EMI and tons of law enforcement, first responder, military and commercial air craft EMI. Some detectors that don’t have selectable single frequencies are basically impossible to use here including several very famous FTP and Nokta Makro detectors. The Deus and ORX being wireless is just not a problem, EMI wise since there are up to 35 frequencies to choose from.

That's the magic of the DEUS. How are you going to put a wired metal detector in your backpack? How are you going to change wired coils easily? Mix and match new coils with headphones and remote and you have two machines. The wireless is not a gimmick, it's awesome. I'll never get a wired detector.
Perfect ! One less hunter I gotta worry about. Because you will never hunt for gold in the water.🤔

Perfect ! One less hunter I gotta worry about. Because you will never hunt for gold in the water.🤔

I don't understand your comment. Do you know something about the Deus that prevents it from working in the water, or are you just being annoying? It's made to work in the water, albeit it requires some accessories, but it works just as it was designed to, and very well.

I had the same “cons” as you are stating in your post until I bought a Deus, used it extensively and changed my opinion.

Mine lives in a backpack when I am not using it. Being a gold prospector in rough, mountain terrain, I can literally take the lower shaft and coil off of the upper shaft and arm cuff assembly, put the upper shaft down, hold the lower shaft and coil in my hand like a pinpointer and stick it into deep holes, crevices, use it to sweep over head, on a rock side wall……….. I can’t do that with my Equinox without dealing with a coil cable.

EMI for me has not been a problem. I live at 5,000 ft with lots of atmospheric EMI, urban Denver EMI and tons of law enforcement, first responder, military and commercial air craft EMI. Some detectors that don’t have selectable single frequencies are basically impossible to use here including several very famous FTP and Nokta Makro detectors. The Deus and ORX being wireless is just not a problem, EMI wise since there are up to 35 frequencies to choose from.

Very true, JMACLEN. The Deus is not problematic with EMI. I detect under high power lines all the time and don't have problems. It's made it handle such conditions.

To the original poster - If you are a skilled and educated Deus user, these mythical faults that machine jerks keep spouting about do not exist. Love your own gear, but don't bash what you don't know just to be an ass. If you don't know, ask those of us that do.

Back
Top Bottom