• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

FMDF Doctors, how long have I got?

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Cut my hair a couple days ago, was looking in the mirror with a smaller mirror in hand to make sure I got the back straight....and yes, I'm a cheapskate who hasn't paid for a haircut in over 20 years :p

Anyway, that was when I 1st noticed the big "something" on my right shoulder blade, near my spine. Pic doesn't do it justice, it's a biggun.

Can't say it hurts, or I notice anything wrong, other than seeing it.

How long have I got left? DO I need to have a liquidation sale, and max-out the credit cards? Rats, no CC's to max-out :no::no:

Dr. appointment early Monday, but whoever is the first to guess the diagnosis between now and then wins internets for the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-06-21 at 3.42.20 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-06-21 at 3.42.20 PM.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,298
Looks like a muscle from swinging a big coil all the time...

Hopefully I'm right!

Good luck...

<°)))>{

I guess I'll have to start swinging left-handed to make the other side even :lol:

I have some odd over-developed muscles. Have sort of Popeye forearms, from decades of using tin snips, as well as golf ball size muscles I make "pop" on the sides of my elbows, from the same thing.

About 40+ years ago, I was told I had a tumor on my left knee (the good one), only to get hacked-on, and told it was an over-developed muscle :roll:

I told them...

iu

Did a search, found a few possibilities -

<snipped>

Hope whatever it is it can be treated easily and get you back to normal !

I'd searched a little, pulled muscle was what seemed to most apply in my situation. Mine's about softball size, and probably protrudes 1-1.5" from my back, I just couldn't get in a good position for a pic to get the full effect :lol:

I had a sebaceous cyst taken off my back about 100 years ago, it was marble size....popped like a ripe nanner when he lanced and squeezed it ;)

Oh, and you say "back to normal"? You had to have been to a place, in order to return :laughing:

LIPOMA

Fatty tumor harmless for the most part.. an Ultrasound will confirm.

and just so you know I am not a Dr..just play one on FMDF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoma

First discovered in 1709 so maybe this will be your oldest find yet..

Your link said "Most are less than 5 cm in size", which is roughly 2", mine is 2-3 times that size, and just appeared suddenly. This thing is so large, I wouldn't want to be packing it around the rest of my life.

1709 wouldn't be by oldest find, let me post pics of my 3rd ex-wife ;)

Your link said "Most are less than 5 cm in size", which is roughly 2", mine is 2-3 times that size, and just appeared suddenly. This thing is so large, I wouldn't want to be packing it around the rest of my life.

1709 wouldn't be by oldest find, let me post pics of my 3rd ex-wife ;)

Well not all the time

http://www.myhealthyfeeling.com/lipoma-pictures-types-symptoms-treatment-removal/

Types of lipoma

The different types of lipoma are as follows:
•Chondroid lipomas: They are solid, deep rooted, yellowish growths that are typically present in a woman’s legs
•Angiolipoleiomyoma: It is an attained, acral, solitary nodule that does not elicit any symptoms. It develops as a combination of fat, smooth muscle cells, blood vessels and connective tissues.
•Intradermal spindle cell lipoma: It can be found affecting the trunk, neck, head, and lower and upper extremities. It typically occurs in women and is widespread.
•Angiolipoma: It is a subcutaneous and painful tumor that has all the characteristics of a lipoma
•Hibernoma: It is made of brown fat
Corpus callosum lipoma: It is an uncommon congenital anomaly, featuring growths that are comparatively smaller measuring one to 3 centimeters in diameter, but which can grow larger up to 10 to 20 centimeters and can be as heavy as four to five kilograms.
•Neural fibrolipoma: It refers to an overdevelopment of fibro-fatty tissue alongside a nerve trunk and often resulting in compression of the nerve
•Pleomorphic lipomas: It mostly affect the back and neck and commonly occurs in older men
•Superficial subcutaneous lipoma: It grows just under the skin and is the most common form of lipoma. It can affect any area of the body that contains fat. However, some of the common body regions that are prone to developing this type of lipoma are the forearms, trunk and thighs.
•Spindle-cell lipoma: It is a slow developing, subcutaneous, asymptomatic growth which mainly occurs in the back, neck and shoulders of older men.

Well not all the time

http://www.myhealthyfeeling.com/lipoma-pictures-types-symptoms-treatment-removal/

Types of lipoma

The different types of lipoma are as follows:
•Chondroid lipomas: They are solid, deep rooted, yellowish growths that are typically present in a woman’s legs
•Angiolipoleiomyoma: It is an attained, acral, solitary nodule that does not elicit any symptoms. It develops as a combination of fat, smooth muscle cells, blood vessels and connective tissues.
•Intradermal spindle cell lipoma: It can be found affecting the trunk, neck, head, and lower and upper extremities. It typically occurs in women and is widespread.
•Angiolipoma: It is a subcutaneous and painful tumor that has all the characteristics of a lipoma
•Hibernoma: It is made of brown fat
Corpus callosum lipoma: It is an uncommon congenital anomaly, featuring growths that are comparatively smaller measuring one to 3 centimeters in diameter, but which can grow larger up to 10 to 20 centimeters and can be as heavy as four to five kilograms.
•Neural fibrolipoma: It refers to an overdevelopment of fibro-fatty tissue alongside a nerve trunk and often resulting in compression of the nerve
•Pleomorphic lipomas: It mostly affect the back and neck and commonly occurs in older men
•Superficial subcutaneous lipoma: It grows just under the skin and is the most common form of lipoma. It can affect any area of the body that contains fat. However, some of the common body regions that are prone to developing this type of lipoma are the forearms, trunk and thighs.
•Spindle-cell lipoma: It is a slow developing, subcutaneous, asymptomatic growth which mainly occurs in the back, neck and shoulders of older men.

Well, if it's uncommon, and can happen to someone......I'm that someone.

lol, I'd actually missed the MD in your username.

Lets assume it's what you say, will they remove it? Or should should I just have a face tattoo'd on it and give it a name?

Well, if it's uncommon, and can happen to someone......I'm that someone.

lol, I'd actually missed the MD in your username.

Lets assume it's what you say, will they remove it? Or should should I just have a face tattoo'd on it and give it a name?

I'm not a Dr.
My wife had one that's why I am pretty sure it is what it is. You can leave it or if it bothers you have it removed. Funny as it may sound they can do a Liposuction on it quite easily as long as it is not to Deep.

but Go to the Dr. to be sure anyways..

for me it was the fact that it did not irradiate heat and was not painful said it all.

I'm not a Dr.
My wife had one that's why I am pretty sure it is what it is. You can leave it or if it bothers you have it removed. Funny as it may sound they can do a Liposuction on it quite easily as long as it is not to Deep.

but Go to the Dr. to be sure anyways..

for me it was the fact that it did not irradiate heat and was not painful said it all.

Thanks!

I'll fire-up the shop vac and get after it :lol:

LIPOMA

Fatty tumor harmless for the most part.. an Ultrasound will confirm.

and just so you know I am not a Dr..just play one on FMDF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoma

First discovered in 1709 so maybe this will be your oldest find yet..

Doc agrees with your diagnosis :lol: Also have what's probably a small patch of skin cancer at my hairline that needs to come off, and biopsied. They plan to remove the deal on my back, due to it's size....I didn't want to wear a bra on it :shock::laughing:

iu

Doc agrees with your diagnosis :lol: Also have what's probably a small patch of skin cancer at my hairline that needs to come off, and biopsied. They plan to remove the deal on my back, due to it's size....I didn't want to wear a bra on it :shock::laughing:

iu

I am Glad to hear that's all it was :grin:

You may be on to a new invention a Uni-Bra :D

Back
Top Bottom