Unbelievable invite ( updated w/ picts.) Civil War Campsite

keex

Elite Member
Hello everyone,
First let me say i wish i could invite everyone here to go with me !! Im working on a job in Fredericksburg VA. The owner of the site crew
( the guys that do the dirt work ) invited me to come and metal detect his property as long as i cover all my holes . He said his property is about 15 minutes away and 10,000 soldiers camped on his property and half of them died from cholera ? and were buried on the property. He said poeple are always asking him if they can detect it and he use to let a few poeple come but they did not fill there holes in and he said never again.He hasnt let anyone do it in years. I had asked him and everyone if they new of a place for me to go and practice with my new detector i had even asked him and he told me he didnt let anyone do it on his proprty since the bad experience he had. But TODAY he came up to me and asked if i would cover all my holes if i came over and i told him absolutely i would, he said that i was more than welcome to come and detect anything i wanted !!!! I told him i would gladly show him all my finds and he could have whatever he wanted, he said he did not want anything and dont even worry about showing him, he just asked me not to bring anybody ( sorry guys ) and to make sure i will fill all my holes in !!!! My other friend that was listening to the conversation and asked him exactly where his property was located and he told him and my friend told me later how lucky i am because he really does own the property where 10,000 soldiers camped and where a bunch of them died and got buried !!!
I dont think ill sleep again until this weekend !!!!!!!!!!! Im so excited !!!!

Last edited:
That is great news. Im excited for you too. Please post of pics of the hunts you have. Congrats!

Wow! What a great opprotunity. Just be prepared that if you find any human remains, you should stop what you are doing and contact the Athorities. I hope you only find relics and not bones.

OK, we all dress like him, and each of us get a day a piece on the property and we all benefit!!! how does that sound?

Thanks yall

I do feel extemely lucky, and that was very nice of him to come back and invite me 2 days later, i never even thought twice about it, i understood why he didnt want anyone else out there, i had told him that i was sorry they had done that because all detectorist are suppose to fill in there holes and throw away there trash, i am still amazed really !

I will post my pictures as soon as i can for sure !

Lol

OK, we all dress like him, and each of us get a day a piece on the property and we all benefit!!! how does that sound?

OK but yall will have to wear blue jeans and a t-shirt and role in the mud and concrete and then you might have a chance, but we work together everyday and he knows me well,in cognito might not be enough,lol

wow

Wow! What a great opprotunity. Just be prepared that if you find any human remains, you should stop what you are doing and contact the Athorities. I hope you only find relics and not bones.

I sure hope i dont find any bones !

Say, tell me what your and his work hours are and the lat/long of the location and I will go ahead and scout it out for you! I WISH! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Best of luck to you and for certain, do a neat job of fillin yer holes or you might find yerself banned!

This has to be a sign, an omen, I'm sitting here thinking ill just surf the net a little while watching a Pbs show about the civil war, at fredricksburg,,,:shock:I think I should pack my bags and head your way,:D

I love that he said no one else can come, I would be like that's not going to be a problem!

On the other hand

I love that he said no one else can come, I would be like that's not going to be a problem!

Ya know, i can understand that about being by yourself because i also fish alot and love to go by myself, its my cave time or my serenity time. But in this case especially since im new to this hobby i wish i could invite a couple of friends to go with me so i could learn from them and would definately be able to bring a great site to the table for them, i think we would all benefit greatly.
I am so excited but guys, i am so new to this , i dont even have any experience relic hunting or digging relics, i dont have a pin pointer, i only have 11 hours swingtime on a beach, so any advice you guys have to share would be greatly appreciated, maybe later he will trust me and i can ask him if a friend would be ok to bring with me.

Back
Top Bottom