Got a Gangsta Smile as My Gold Slump is Over!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
The school year ended last week for students and this is my last week. I have been caught up with my end of year stuff so I texted the boss yesterday “that I might be working from the beach tomorrow”. So this morning I was off and in the water at 6am. There was no sunrise to see as the skies have been pretty gray for the last few days with lots of rain. I went with Noxy for a water hunt to a beach that I hadn’t gone to in a while. Just as I worked myself to the northernmost section where I normally turn around, I spotted a very small little skewed scallop about 100 yards further north of me. So, I walked right over and started working the wet sand that was darker than the rest. After the first target, I noticed that the scoop was getting into some deeper darker stuff. I worked this for a bit, but it wasn’t long before I had a jumpy 5-8 on Noxy. And then my fellow pirates is when I looked in the scoop and I couldn’t believe my slump since April 18th was over! :dingding: The rest of my 4-hour hunt was uneventful, but at least I could go home this time with the satisfaction of the yellow. It weighs a respectable 3.1 grs and acid tests at least 14K. Hopefully my next yellow won’t take as long. :yes:

Attachments

• 6-16-21.jpg
    6-16-21.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 806
  • 6-16-21 Grillz.jpg
    6-16-21 Grillz.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 822
  • 6-16-21 Fits.jpg
    6-16-21 Fits.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:
Congratulations Felix !!! (or is it Cheshire?) a jumpy 5 - 8....I dig them but I don't ever hold out much hope that they'll be anything awesome.....good to see that sometimes they are !

Wow ! Finally some nice gold ! You look great with those. Gotta get a lower now. Nice

Wow ! Finally some nice gold ! You look great with those. Gotta get a lower now. Nice
You mean my 2nd set of of lowers so I can have a 2nd complete set? ;) :D

What is wrong with you? With all the BS we all have been dealing with you stick that grill in your mouth?

You may need to get a rabies shot :lol:

What is wrong with you? With all the BS we all have been dealing with you stick that grill in your mouth?

C'mon, man. You stick a toe in any salt water soup on either coast and you're in 'a billion cooties per square inch territory.'...and look at the mug on that dude. I'll bet he's had his face in a lot worse than that.:lol:

I don't know Craig....

think he found that in his pocket. He is messing with us, It fits too good:laughing:

Cfm-ct

You would think a school teacher would be a bit smarter than that :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Ya gotta wonder why he keeps all his sun glasses , all his pennies, wares speedos on the beach , we never see any eye candy , now this , :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::hide::good: your new nick name : ZINCNGRILLZ :drums:

Last edited:
Depends on "when" they were cast, but dental gold is usually in the 18k range if made prior to 'say 1972ish". After that, alloys came into use and substantially less Au was utilized by Dentist. Patient may have insisted on Au though...so, testing is only way to know for sure.

At any rate...good find and don't fret about cooties. Microbes, sea creatures and salt water have already 'sterilized' it. :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom