Excalibur II Black End Cap (Headphone End)

Anthony

Hi,
Is the black end cap on the Excalibur II basically an shrink wrap cap. Mine is loose and I was wondering if I heat it would it re-shrink around the housing and tighten up? Anyone know about this?
Thanks!

It should..or you can make them..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 280
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 219
Ive used a hard wood dowel to do it as well. Its way more important to seal the cap. Try RTV silicone it dont come loose like regular silicone.

Purely cosmetic OBN?
Not really sealing anything out.

I don't think it's purely cosmetic as it does offer some waterproofing for the 2 small screws on either side that hold the end caps in. I used PlastiDip with a brush and gave it 2-3 coats and it worked great.

Attachments

• platsidip.jpg
    platsidip.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 230
  • PD.jpg
    PD.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 211
I don't think it's purely cosmetic as it does offer some waterproofing for the 2 small screws on either side that hold the end caps in. I used PlastiDip with a brush and gave it 2-3 coats and it worked great.
Felix that is a great idea!! How does that stuff hold up in the saltwater, reason I used the black on the PP toggle. It did do great but came loose after a few months. But I do like the sealing factor and it looks great.

Purely cosmetic OBN?
Not really sealing anything out.

Originally it was design to keep the sand from getting into the area between the pod and oring. Some of the early sword models did not have it so then they seen a issue and started it. But me like dew I do seal the gap with aquaseal and the allens..let dry and then put a few small dabs on the same area then slip the black shrink wrap over then let it dry..then all is totally sealed.

You can see I do treat my stuff ruff...and the sand never got into since the gap and allens were sealed.

Also last winter I replaced the orings and gave it 8 month in the testing, sealed the orings with aquaseal..then checked them after several hundred hours of submerged salt water hunting.

Attachments

• OBN0002 (1).jpg
    OBN0002 (1).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 359
  • OBN0001 (1).jpg
    OBN0001 (1).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 190
Felix that is a great idea!! How does that stuff hold up in the saltwater, reason I used the black on the PP toggle. It did do great but came loose after a few months. But I do like the sealing factor and it looks great.

So far so good! I don't see it coming off unless I need to slice and peel it off. Remember this stuff is designed to adhere to tools.

Back
Top Bottom