• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

coin flips

Robm1093

What's the best way to keep coins I am thinking about using coin flips, staple type. what do you use and why?

I use the Whitman & H. E. Harris coin folders. I get mine from Hobby Lobby for around $4.00 each. The coins pop in easily but stay in tight. :D They come in just about every coin type as well as blanks.

I use the 2x2 ones for all silvers Indians and other coins I want to save. Then they get the date found and town found and placed in a sleeve.

Put them in the cardboard 2x2s write the date of coin, type of coin, where it was found, date you found it. Then slide it in those 2x2 plastic holders and they fit nicely in a 3-ring binder.

+1 on Whitman coin folders. They're compact, easy to use, well-organized, and look great. Each folder also includes a fold-out page of information about the coin type. The only thing would be that you can't see the coin reverse; but for me, that's not a big deal. I definitely recommend these folders.

Make sure the plastic is PVC proof. I've bought coins from the 70's heavily toned and green-gooped, including the blue folders as they used glue to hold the coin. It's not pretty. PVC will cause damage.

My silver coins go in air-tights. My non silvers go in cardboard coin flips.

Lots of info to look over Thanks, Why does silver coins go in air-tights and what is an air tight? What about coin slabs?

Last edited:
Put them in the cardboard 2x2s write the date of coin, type of coin, where it was found, date you found it. Then slide it in those 2x2 plastic holders and they fit nicely in a 3-ring binder.

I think this is what I will do I just have to Make sure the plastic is PVC proof, the coins I have were passed down from my grand farther. Can some one recommend a safe place to get the plastic PVC proof cardboard 2x2s

Lots of info to look over Thanks, Why does silver coins go in air-tights and what is an air tight? What about coin slabs?

Air tights are air tight cases that coins go in and are durable. They take up less space than flips, and I put my silver coins in them because they look really nice, but buying them in large quantities can get expensive.

This is the best, it's what I did. So, it has to be the best.

Back
Top Bottom