Post Irma and Matthew Nickels

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Finished cleaning the Nickels from post Matthew and Irma.

:D

Noticed I had a Buffalo Nickel in the line up with the V Nickels after I took the photo and I'm too lazy (Sore from detecting this morning) to go take another photo. :laughing:

Attachments

• 1867 Nickel.jpg
    1867 Nickel.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 364
  • V Nickels.jpg
    V Nickels.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 345
  • The Nickels 1.jpg
    The Nickels 1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Wowzers yet again. You all must have been pretty close to/on the hardpan/bottom after the storms. Pretty wild seeing all that come from a beach. :shock::yes:

Another fine showing from you Kap. what do you use in your tumbler? Rock or stainless. Mine don't turn out as nice as yours.

Fish tank gravel, water and a few drops of dish washing soap. The key is don't tumble with anything but silver coins, no clad especially pennies, and nothing else and then tumble long, some of those tumbled 2-3 days.

Wowzers yet again. You all must have been pretty close to/on the hardpan/bottom after the storms. Pretty wild seeing all that come from a beach. :shock::yes:

We were detecting not too far from where not only the dunes were wiped out but the local coastal road was wiped out too!

Fish tank gravel, water and a few drops of dish washing soap. The key is don't tumble with anything but silver coins, no clad especially pennies, and nothing else and then tumble long, some of those tumbled 2-3 days.

Thanks Kap. I use fish tank gravel and dish washing soap. But I have been known to add clad. But I remove the clad early and always dines and quarters. Pennies go into the second drum.
Thanks Kap

Always special when you find old coins on Fl beaches. I did not think they used to exist but after seeing the coins Larry could find and they your even older coins, I know better now. Very cool finds.

Back
Top Bottom