My Latest 3 Short Hunts

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
I finally had a chance to get out hunting since all my snow and ice is gone and the ground is no longer frozen. I did a return hunt that I had hit at the end of last fall at a high school sports complex. The very first signal I got was a good solid 33 on my Nox 800 with the 6" coil. I pinpointed and dug the signal. The result was a clad $.50 piece ?? Wow, this is a coin I rarely find even though it's a clad coin. I ran into and older man I had met there last fall as he walks there daily. I told him of the $.50 find and he related why there are half dollars to be found at this stadium. There is a vender that sells French fries and usually gives the change in half dollars. The price is $2.50 for a small fry and $3.50 for the large fry. He told me he always gets the large and always gives them a $5.00 bill and gets 3 haves in change. He showed me exactly where the French fry man sets up with his mobile truck. I hunted this general area hard and ended up with (6) clad halves. The man also told me of an older picnic grove and baseball field in the general area. I ended up hunting both these sites the following day and my total take for the 3 hunts was $3.00 in halves, $17.75 in quarters, $2.50 in dimes, 37 Lincolns not shown and a lone wheatie. The total in coinage, all clads was $ 23.60. I also found a small silver plated girls ring. This was a great start to this year's hunting. I do have some permissions for older sites waiting for me. GL to all & HH.

Attachments

• RONs COINS  (3).jpg
    RONs COINS (3).jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 304
You just can't beat good information! That's why I'm happy to take time to talk to people I meet along the way. You never know when a gem will come out in conversation.

Good job.

Cliff

I rarely find clad halves. Way less often than I find silver halves for sure.

That’s awesome the guy gives change in halves. He probably crh and that’s how he gets rid of the left overs, pretty good idea lol. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hunt Ron, that's a real good haul on the clad. Heck you just about passed my whole years clad with the one hunt. And if your talkin to an older guy, he must be old. HA HA ! Good luck HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom