third party Equinox coils?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
a user posted this in june 2018 about possible third party coils for the Equinox.

I think his estimate was off. He commented:

There is no uPC inside the coil and it means that there are no
“protection codes”! 6 month for R&D and 6 month to start “production”
so in spring 2019 we will have a great choice of coils from MarsMD,
NEL, MGC Lab and so on! Thanks to great variety of coils Equinox
will be extremely popular metal detector!

I wonder why we still have no other coils except from Minelab?

I contacted 3 or so of the popular after market coil makers some months ago asking when we could expect anything for the Nox, especially along the lines of a 5x10. Two of the responses, from CoilTek and NEL if I remember correctly, said nothing in progress and no plans to make them in the near future. I was also confused by that since the Nox was so popular, you'd think that would be a cash machine for them. From what I've read on FB groups the Vanquish will have 3 after market coils for it on launch. The V8, V10, and V12 ellipticals. I was hoping since it is the same Multi-IQ technology and same frequencies that they would be interchangeable with the Nox but Andy Sabbich says the connector is different. If someone doesn't make an elliptical for the Nox soon I may just have to buy a dang Vanquish coil, lop off the connector, wire up a Nox connector and see what happens. :lol::?:

There’s a smart chip in the coils, I could almost guarantee they are patented and can’t be duplicated (legally) for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is correct. There is some kind of small circuit board in the coil near the front tip. I saw an X-Ray somewhere on the web of the 11" coil I think. I doubt Minelab will ever release the patent in my lifetime.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom