Tesoro Inca coil question

raxxter

Hi all,

I recently purchased a detector that came with a 'bonus' Tesoro Inca thrown into the deal.
The Inca doesn't have a coil and the seller had no idea if it works, or not.
I like messing around with older detectors, and thought it would be fun to play with the Inca; however, I'm not sure what coil it will take.

Does anyone know if the Inca takes the Delta or the Epsilon series coils? Or something else completely?

Thanks!

-Raxx

The Inca will use ALL of the standard-series coils, such as those for the Royal Sabre, Golden Sabre's, Silver Sabre's, Bandido's, Pantera, Eldorado's, Sidewinder's, Cutlass', Conquistador's, Euro Sabre, Cortés, DeLeón, Mayan, Toltec's, Mojave, etc., etc.

The Inca, and those mentioned, do NOT use coils for the Lobo or Lobo SuperTRAQ, Tejón, Vaquero, Cibola, Diablo's and the specific gold prospecting models at a higher frequency.

Monte

PS: How does the Inca look? That was the model that switched me over to using and dealing in Tesoro's when it was introduced in July of '83. I pamper every detector I own, and if it is a cream-puff and working, and you're interested in selling or trading it, let me know via e-mail. [email protected]

Inca arrived

Monte-

Thank you for the information!
The detector arrived today. I took the coil off my Bandido II and tried that on the Inca with a fresh set of batteries. Unfortunately, I got nothing. There was some corrosion on the battery connections and I didn’t really have a time to do much more than a really cursory cleaning before trying it out.
When I get a chance, I’ll dig a little deeper into what may be going on and hopefully get it working.

I came across your site while searching for information on the Inca. Barring the manual on the Tesoro site, your site was pretty much it, when it comes to this detector.

I’m attaching a set of pics, as I could only find a few out there. Maybe this will help anyone else trying to find out more about the Inca.

P.S., as you can see from the photos, I’m missing the battery cover. Monte, do you have any resource for this? (I’m a little confused as to whether or not Tesoro is a going concern anymore….)

Thanks,
-Raxx

Attachments

• Tesoro_Inca_Top.jpg
    Tesoro_Inca_Top.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Tesoro_Inca_R_Side.jpg
    Tesoro_Inca_R_Side.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Tesoro_Inca_L_Side.jpg
    Tesoro_Inca_L_Side.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 523
  • Tesoro_Inca_Front.jpg
    Tesoro_Inca_Front.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Tesoro_Inca_Back.jpg
    Tesoro_Inca_Back.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 478
raxxter said:
I took the coil off my Bandido II and tried that on the Inca with a fresh set of batteries. Unfortunately, I got nothing.
:?: Darn it! I guess I've been lucky because in all these decades of enjoying this great sport, I have only acquired 2 used detectors that didn't work, or didn't work properly, and one was an easy fix. Not bad for literally hundreds of used to nearly new detectors.

raxxter said:
There was some corrosion on the battery connections and I didn’t really have a time to do much more than a really cursory cleaning before trying it out.
When I get a chance, I’ll dig a little deeper into what may be going on and hopefully get it working.
Usually it is just a battery wire, contact, or holder related issue. Sometimes you might find a loose wire inside the control box. Very seldom, with a Tesoro, have I encountered failed components. Good luck on tracking down the cause.

raxxter said:
I came across your site while searching for information on the Inca.
If you're referring to the Forums at www.ahrps.org that would be a good place to find some information or to contact me with any specific questions I might be able to help with.

raxxter said:
I’m missing the battery cover. Monte, do you have any resource for this?
Battery doors were some of the most often missing parts on Tesoro models. If I remember correctly, I have one new battery door like that in my detector Accessory Tote, just in case I came across a pristine Inca that needed one. These days I do not know of any reliable source for Tesoro parts.

I'll check and see if I still have that battery door, and I might also still have an Inca Owner Manual. I'll check later today and let you know.

raxxter said:
I’m a little confused as to whether or not Tesoro is a going concern anymore….)

Thanks,
-Raxx
Sadly, Tesoro Electronics is 'dead and gone.'

And with all the detectors I own, my 4 Tesoro's are working 100% and serving me quite well. I think I'll go out and play.:mder:

Monte

Monte-

Thanks for the reply.
I got a chance to clean the corrosion off of the battery holder today, and verify I’m getting good voltage at the holder terminals, as well as at the back side of the battery holder connector that feeds back into the body of the detector. I didn’t have time to do much else. It didn’t solve the issue, though. The Inca’s still dead.
Either later today, or tomorrow, I’ll have to see if I can open it up. I’m hoping it’s just something as simple as soldering a disconnected power wire.

If you happen to run across either the battery cover or the instruction manual, I’d love to get them from you. If you do find either, let me know and I’ll email you so we can reach a deal. I appreciate your willingness to check for either, as I’ve had no luck sourcing anything on the internet.

Thanks,

-Raxx

If you happen to run across either the battery cover or the instruction manual, I’d love to get them from you. If you do find either, let me know and I’ll email you so we can reach a deal. I appreciate your willingness to check for either, as I’ve had no luck sourcing anything on the internet.

Thanks,

-Raxx
Raxx,

It's been awhile. I hope you have it working. I did have one of those battery door covers and I'll look for it when I unpack when I move back into my house in a few weeks.

Someone added a link to the Owner Manual.

I good working Inca can be a fun detector to have around.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom