Interesting pay history link for those that served or are serving

Very interesting - I remember getting not much over $100 per month in 1970, but the pay got raised quite a bit in 1971 by Pres. Nixon.

An E-4 over 3, pay has doubled from '82 til January '17. It didn't list what combat pay was, then versus now. Back in '83 it was 35 bucks a month. We used to laugh about that back then, they gave us a little over a dollar a day to get shot at. :lol:

When I was in the Army they had my pay messed up and I wasn't getting what i was supposed to be getting. I wasn't making that much anyway but when payday arrived they said I owed them money. No way! My First Sergeant didn't like it when I told him that I quit. I wasn't going to pay them to be in the army. He managed to get me some to tide me over. I never did get it straightened out until I was in Vietnam. After I got out of the hospital with a non-combat profile i was assigned to the Casualty Branch at division headquarters, just a few buildings down from Finance. I was working the night shift so I went down and told them about it. I sat down in a chair and the clerk said it might take a while so why didn't I go to the PX and get something to eat. "I told him "I don't have any money! That's why I'm here!" They finally got it worked out and I made the mistake of sending it home to my wife (Now ex). She took it and with her sister and her sister's boyfriend took a vacation to see another sister in Wisconsin. I never saw any of it.

Very interesting - I remember getting not much over $100 per month in 1970, but the pay got raised quite a bit in 1971 by Pres. Nixon.

I don't believe that I made much more than that in 1969 serving in Vietnam with combat pay and being married. I can't remember just what I made. It's been 48 years.

I enlisted in the winter of 1990. After they took 100 bucks a month for the G.I. bill I made 465 dollars a month....before taxes. Good times.

Yea,,we see those pay scales from years back.

But you know what,,,here in Tn back then,,those pay rates were pretty good $$ when you compared to what the locals here made back when.

Back
Top Bottom