• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

4 silver day

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I had pretty much all day to hunt yesterday. I decided to hit a modern park that I hadn’t been to in about 4 years. As far as I can tell from the research I’ve done, there were no houses or buildings on the property where the park is now. So, I was very surprised and delighted to find a 1951 rosie in the middle of the soccer field! I also got some clad and a small 925 rose shaped earring. After the park I decided to hit some curbstrips in town. I didn’t hit silver until I was making my way back to the car. First was a 1939 GW, then a 1950 rosie and in the next block I got a 1944 merc. This brings me to 31 silver coins FTY.

Attachments

• 2DDB724B-6E73-4DDF-BEBE-D115001C60A5.jpg
    2DDB724B-6E73-4DDF-BEBE-D115001C60A5.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 71E18CFB-F2C8-4F3A-8F57-99E0111CA676.jpg
    71E18CFB-F2C8-4F3A-8F57-99E0111CA676.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 450
  • D5909F75-EE28-4FC9-BF71-A37AC22A40CD.jpg
    D5909F75-EE28-4FC9-BF71-A37AC22A40CD.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 455
  • BB9BACFE-F260-45C1-AF08-0809130C0D82.jpeg
    BB9BACFE-F260-45C1-AF08-0809130C0D82.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 448
  • A43BE0DC-EB0C-47A6-9E6B-E7C566FF30BF.jpeg
    A43BE0DC-EB0C-47A6-9E6B-E7C566FF30BF.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 451
Just got back from a shorter hunt at the high school. Took the nox this time and scored an unexpected ‘46 rosie. That gets me to 32.

Attachments

• C5C20B52-3C11-40DF-AD78-2433F5E83AEC.jpeg
    C5C20B52-3C11-40DF-AD78-2433F5E83AEC.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 435
What ?? An east coast post with no LC's or colonial coppers ? Only silver ?? HOW BORING ! (just kidding, I love silver :laughing: )

Congrats on adding 5 more silvers to the pile Toad. Plus the sterling and wheats makes for a great day. Well done. Been a long time since I had a day like that. Good luck. Mark

that is a nice haul from a park. One would think there had to be something there in the past to produce that haul this day and age especially in the South.

wheats and silver all point to some past history. Were they all found in a relative small area or all over the park?

Nice haul! Thanks for sharing. You mentioned taking the Nox on your hunt at the high school. What detector did you use for the first hunt that produced the 4 silver coins and the nice rose silver earring? About how deep were those silver coins?

Fantastic hunt! I am sure it took some patience too looking at the grass.

Nice silver
Thanks Denny!

What ?? An east coast post with no LC's or colonial coppers ? Only silver ?? HOW BORING ! (just kidding, I love silver :laughing: )
Lol! Yeah, tell me about all those GOLD coins you guys out west find in totlots and soccer fields. LOL!
Great job Toad👍
Thank you!
Nice hunting Toad! Like those curbstrips w/ the natural buffer zone :lol:

Congrats on the silvers!
Thanks GS! I had never thought of hunting those “buffer strips” where there’s no sidewalk. I figured I’d give it a shot this time.

Definitely a great haul, congrats Toad!
Thank you!
Very nice day of hunting there Toad.
Thanks!
Congrats on adding 5 more silvers to the pile Toad. Plus the sterling and wheats makes for a great day. Well done. Been a long time since I had a day like that. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark! Too bad every weekend couldn’t net five silvers!
that is a nice haul from a park. One would think there had to be something there in the past to produce that haul this day and age especially in the South.

wheats and silver all point to some past history. Were they all found in a relative small area or all over the park?
Only one rosie came from a park. The quarter, merc and one of the other rosies came from curbstrips. The last rosie came from the high school built in 1962.
You had a great day. Awesome finds.
Thank you!
Nice silver!
Thanks!
4 silver day is a super great day NCtoad! Congratulations!!
Thank you!
Nice haul! Thanks for sharing. You mentioned taking the Nox on your hunt at the high school. What detector did you use for the first hunt that produced the 4 silver coins and the nice rose silver earring? About how deep were those silver coins?
I used my deus II for all the others. Probably the deepest was 6-7”. I hardly ever use my nox anymore and it took about an hour to get back “in tune” with it. It’s hard to put the deus down once you start swinging it. It’s so nice and light and I’m definitely in tune with it. Thanks!
Fantastic hunt! I am sure it took some patience too looking at the grass.
Thanks! I didn’t try to cover that whole field. I made maybe 12 lengthwise passes separated by 10’ or so.

Nice one Toad! It is really really REALLY difficult to find silver in any public place these days, you know how hard it is. Coming home with 5 in pretty short order is remarkable, to say the least. There are places around here that have produced anywhere from 20-35 silver coins in the last 14 years for me but have not produced anything in the last 10 hunts. People should really realize that we are at the tail end of “finding silver” on public ground IMO. It is UNBELIEVABLY difficult.

Some pretty wise use of your time Scott. 6 Silvers in two days is very impressive no matter who is swinging the coil. Looks like your putting together the makings of a very successful year. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom