3 bucketlisters today..

WeirdGuyInPark

Found at heavily hunted 1800s park..The ExplorerSE did a fantastic job..The quarter and Half Dollar were found in the same hole...The signals were very faint but repeatable..

Attachments

• 1900 Barber Dime.jpg
    1900 Barber Dime.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Barber Reverse.jpg
    Barber Reverse.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,116
  • SAM_0722.JPG
    SAM_0722.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,092
  • SAM_0723.JPG
    SAM_0723.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,093
  • SAM_0729.JPG
    SAM_0729.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,096
  • SAM_0730.JPG
    SAM_0730.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,086
  • SAM_0731.JPG
    SAM_0731.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,094
  • SAM_0732.JPG
    SAM_0732.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,091
Nice stuff!! That big pile of silver giving a faint signal musta been deeeeep….
…..and don’t tell Tom where you are hunting!!! I see that San Francisco mint mark! He is going to lay claim to it with the California Tom Tax!!! :lol:

Haha thanks man all i'm saying is it was in a old public park...The Barber was 9 inches and the other coins were over 10..The half and quarter were found together..

Whoa !!! Something wrong here
First a heavily hunted park ??
and 14 year old machine technology. ?? Something wrong with this picture.
You need one of those new fangled Manticores, Deus 2 or Legends to do that.
Now go put those back. !!

Great hunt. 2 of those are still on my wish list .

Nice stuff!! That big pile of silver giving a faint signal musta been deeeeep….
…..and don’t tell Tom where you are hunting!!! I see that San Francisco mint mark! He is going to lay claim to it with the California Tom Tax!!! :lol:

That's correct: If the S-mint were key-date rare, those are not allowed east of the Mississippi. They would need to be shipped back this way. Tsk tsk

... 14 year old machine technology. ?? Something wrong with this picture......

The Explorer incarnations (Exp, SE, Etrac, CTX), were the best at cherry-picking deep silver from turf ! I routinely spank 800s, even to this day, in turf duels :cool3:

Dream spill there, a Walker and Stander in the same hole. Awesome and congrats WGitP and on the Barber as well. I'm glad to see the old parks produce for you, just as long as it is not my park:lol: Yesterday I was able to eke out one more Merc from my honeyhole at an old city park. That was # 20 from that spot since 2019. Not to mention a bunch of Buffs Vs Ihps and a ton of old wheats. Rarely find them as deep as the silver you dug. I guess its true, you can't find it all. Again nice saves and good luck. Mark

That was a day to remember! They look in good condition also. You did a great job. I can only dream of that much silver. I think I’d be going back to that park soon.

Whoa !!! Something wrong here
First a heavily hunted park ??
and 14 year old machine technology. ?? Something wrong with this picture.
You need one of those new fangled Manticores, Deus 2 or Legends to do that.
Now go put those back. !!

Great hunt. 2 of those are still on my wish list .

Haha ya don't get me wrong i would love to own all three of the detectors you mentioned..I say heavily hunted because there's hardly any clad and most of the good targets are deep...A lot of surface trash and old pull tabs too..Funny that you say put them back because i have done that before...:)

That's correct: If the S-mint were key-date rare, those are not allowed east of the Mississippi. They would need to be shipped back this way. Tsk tsk

The Explorer incarnations (Exp, SE, Etrac, CTX), were the best at cherry-picking deep silver from turf ! I routinely spank 800s, even to this day, in turf duels :cool3:

Spank an Equinox!😂

Damn! And look at the rust on those things! They must’ve been in close proximity to or touching some rotting iron at least at some point, which would’ve screwed up ID even further normally. It’s pretty easy to believe when you see with your own eyes…

Damn! And look at the rust on those things! They must’ve been in close proximity to or touching some rotting iron at least at some point, which would’ve screwed up ID even further normally. It’s pretty easy to believe when you see with your own eyes…

Your partly to thank because you convinced me to get that first Explorer..The ability of the FBS machines to hit on deep silver still baffles me..I mean the signals are just little tinkles but you kind of know it when they come through...I been detecting since 1981 and the standing liberty quarter i always dreamed of finding...Getting it with a walker in the same hole was a bonus..I got all three coins on live digs too...Haven't finished the video yet but will upload in the next few weeks on my channel...I was nearly in tears...Oh ya and i believe the coins were laying on top of each other but i did pull them out one at a time..

Your partly to thank because you convinced me to get that first Explorer..The ability of the FBS machines to hit on deep silver still baffles me..I mean the signals are just little tinkles but you kind of know it when they come through...I been detecting since 1981 and the standing liberty quarter i always dreamed of finding...Getting it with a walker in the same hole was a bonus..I got all three coins on live digs too...Haven't finished the video yet but will upload in the next few weeks on my channel...I was nearly in tears...Oh ya and i believe the coins were laying on top of each other but i did pull them out one at a time..

It is SO great to see someone going through a park like that and having success. I can talk all I want about what I’ve seen while using the Explorers but until somebody replicates that themselves…it’s all hot air. You took the leap, now the machines are going to show you why. I’m looking forward to video of the hunt!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom