Starting A Club In East Central Illinois

C&SDiggers

Hey guys, myself and a few others in the area are tossing around the idea of starting a club that would stretch 50ish Miles surrounding Mattoon/Charleston(Coles County)

As of right now there is nothing set just trying to see if there is enough interest, i would like to find at least 20-30 people that would be interested. There will be NO FEES as of now and probably for a while, at least until we would be "Official"

The goal is to bring further awareness and joy to the hobby by throwing fundraisers, helping charities and having club only/public hunts.

The idea I have for right now is that we would meet somewhere in Mattoon/Charleston one evening whether during the week or on a weekend once a month to get a feel for things. We could possibly meet at a restaurant and have a bite to eat and maybe 30- 45 minute meeting.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I have to start somewhere so if this sounds like something you're interested in shoot me a message on here or hop on Facebook and lookup Central Illinois Metal Detecting and join our group.

If you have experience in running a club or helping or have ANY knowledge please reach out I will take any tips I can get!

As I said before I have NO intentions on collecting ANY MONEY until this becomes official and we have enough members.

Thanks Darryl

Back
Top Bottom