Trying to catch waveoff

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
But it’s just not working out in my favor.lol..I need to leave these beat up parks alone and find some old virgin homes if I stand a chance of a 100 ,that’s my goal.
Started the first half hour around the swings digging foil signals and that ended pretty quick.Not for me,to much mud for all that.
2nd half hour I concentrated on solid coin hits,and the coins posted are what I dug.The green crusted one I have soaking ,it was deep.As you can see from both sides in the pics it isn’t giving a hint about what it is..Ive got my fingers crossed for a Indian,or possibly a flying eagle:laughing:
Still cold out,but the ground isn’t frozen..but it’s a muddy mess.Thanks for looking

Attachments

• A3C470E1-51C9-455D-AD31-91EC324C18B4.jpg
    A3C470E1-51C9-455D-AD31-91EC324C18B4.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 355
  • CED316E8-6140-448B-B940-8545EC8EC0AA.jpg
    CED316E8-6140-448B-B940-8545EC8EC0AA.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 7611C00E-3BD1-437B-A88E-2CF1C5B33B02.jpg
    7611C00E-3BD1-437B-A88E-2CF1C5B33B02.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 311
  • D1AB6017-9DC3-44B5-B7AA-31FBEE59CCC5.jpg
    D1AB6017-9DC3-44B5-B7AA-31FBEE59CCC5.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
You might consider putting that crusty green penny through electrolysis. I hope you have a keeper there.My guess is a 1896 IHP. Best of luck - Levi

Always enjoy your posts WB. You guys who hunt in the cold weather deserve good finds. Give us an update on how you are liking that F75+ when you have some time.

Awesome '42 GW. I cant wait to find my first silver quarter.
Thanks USA,you’ll get one soon and then they’ll just keep coming.

You might consider putting that crusty green penny through electrolysis. I hope you have a keeper there.My guess is a 1896 IHP. Best of luck - Levi
I’ll give it a try,thanks.Hipe it’s a injun
Congrats on the silver and being one closer to your goal.
Thanks JAK

Always enjoy your posts WB. You guys who hunt in the cold weather deserve good finds. Give us an update on how you are liking that F75+ when you have some time.
Thanks gypsyman,I have always liked the F75ltd2 platform,which the F75+ is,just another name..One of the most forgotten gems in our detecting world.

Last edited:
Congrats on more silver and the other finds! I was just incredibly lucky the past few days. I'm sure you'll have no problem catching me and passing me up once you get on some good spots soon!

Congrats on more silver and the other finds! I was just incredibly lucky the past few days. I'm sure you'll have no problem catching me and passing me up once you get on some good spots soon!
Thanks waveoff,and it’s not luck your tearing it up with those Minelabs.That company seems to be built around finding coins.lol.

Congrats on the finds! :good: Nice GW. :yes:
Thanks wolf-dog!

Have to admire your dedication!

At least that new F75+ is getting the job done. I’m a wimp when it comes to the cold weather. Wouldn’t be so bad but Kansas is WINDY! Good luck with finding those virgin homes. Agree it is mostly location for success. Anyway nice job nevertheless.

At least that new F75+ is getting the job done. I’m a wimp when it comes to the cold weather. Wouldn’t be so bad but Kansas is WINDY! Good luck with finding those virgin homes. Agree it is mostly location for success. Anyway nice job nevertheless.

thanks Kraemer ,yea the F75+ is doing it’s thing..I’m not much for cold weather either,but I get cabin fever and the house gets smaller each day.

Woody, good luck catching Fred, he's on fire and leaving scorched earth right now. Great save on the GW. Glad to see your F75s paying off. Just about impossible to stay out of the mud this time of year. Good luck and HH Mark

Pete, if catching Fred (Waveoff) may not be a realistic goal this year as he has had a great start to the year. Still there is nothing bad about your start either, your out doing me by a lot. Congrats my friend on the Silvers and the presumed Indian on another very fine outing. Trapper

F75+ coil selection

Forgot to ask what coil you were using and settings. A novice such as myself can learn a lot from more experienced guys as yourself. In the right hands a Fisher F75 is quite capable machine. I like gypsyman would be interested in hearing from you on your thoughts regarding the F75’s performance. Again nice work!

Woody, good luck catching Fred, he's on fire and leaving scorched earth right now. Great save on the GW. Glad to see your F75s paying off. Just about impossible to stay out of the mud this time of year. Good luck and HH Mark
Thanks Mark.I was only kidding about catching Fred,he’s doing really good with some great machines.I actually met Fred last summer and he’s definitely a dedicated hunter and a great guy as well.Good luck this year to ya.

I never get tired of those deep emerald green wheaties :)
Ah,turned out to be a regular wheat penny,but I agree tom,those deep greenish colors are great in the hole

Its good to someone using a fisher detector for a change.
I like all machines,and the F75ltd2 is really a go getter.
Pete, if catching Fred (Waveoff) may not be a realistic goal this year as he has had a great start to the year. Still there is nothing bad about your start either, your out doing me by a lot. Congrats my friend on the Silvers and the presumed Indian on another very fine outing. Trapper
Thanks Trapper,I’m just trying to reach a 100 this year,and I know I’ll never catch waveoff.Actually I hope I don’t,he deserves every coin he gets.

Nice job WB!

Thanks wyotom

Forgot to ask what coil you were using and settings. A novice such as myself can learn a lot from more experienced guys as yourself. In the right hands a Fisher F75 is quite capable machine. I like gypsyman would be interested in hearing from you on your thoughts regarding the F75’s performance. Again nice work!

I was using the stock coil,I think it just seems to be the perfect coil for all areas. Have a fisher 3x6 football coil on the way tho for those trashy areas.
I hunt in 3+ tones but also I use dp a lot.DP tones takes some getting usto but in certain places it makes coins stand out.
Mostly DE mode,disc at 20 and sens at 95.Runs real smooth..I dug a nickel today that was so deep my carrot was a inch under,so it was about 9 to 10 inches easy.ID was up averaged to around 86,probably cause it was so deep..And a plane Jefferson at that.When I saw it I was hoping for at least a buffalo or my first shield,but it wasnt happening .
I’m not the best with any machine,but I take it slow,and the good targets hit hard.Found 2 wheats,5 dimes and 3 nickels today in th park,all solid hits and all deep.Just cause a machine reset fast don’t mean you can go fast,I like to go slow and listen.
The F75 is still one of the best machines made,I would never feel outgunned swinging one,and I don’t think anyone’s gonna find a target I couldn’t hit..I bought it because in its price range it’s the best for my needs.A Backlight that works,depth meter is accurate,ergonomics are probably the best around.Coil selection is great,I could go on but you have one,and you know.lol.

Back
Top Bottom