How has a coin program been working on your nox

2108silver1

Wondering in a long term sense how the sabich coin program has worked vs not. I have used it off and on. Sometimes i get a lot of 18 to 19 trash in the background that is pretty constant. Would like to notch those out and maybe start at 21. Been hard for me to tell how good it is. I use a nox 600 so I can't do much more than notch out. Always concerned to notch out stuff in case it is masking a coin. We usually find one old coin every 5 or more yards. I am just wondering of I notch out up to 21 on pennies maybe it will be worth the trade in losing an 18 or 19 which is a trime gold or a Indian head penny sometimes

I actually set it up yesterday, on a quick hunt at the local park I dug up plenty of coins. BUT, if I am going to remain a sole clad hunter, then I'll just program it to my needs.

Josh

Personally I find a lot in the 17-21 range. Like you mentioned you will miss IHP's, LC's PLUS a lot of silver jewelry and the occasional gold. I wouldn't do it unless you just want clad.

Steve

... Always concerned to notch out stuff in case it is masking a coin. We usually find one old coin every 5 or more yards. I am just wondering of I notch out up to 21 on pennies maybe it will be worth the trade in losing an 18 or 19 which is a trime gold or a Indian head penny sometimes

Good questions. And I can't answer for the particular Nox. But *just in general* (for machines with TID), the question is pertinent: When can/should we enter into a cherry-pick mindset ? If you are in a junky urban turfed park: Is that the time to "be a hero" and strip-mine ? Or do you set your patterns to hone in on most-likely-deep silver/high conductors ? Ie.: kiss nickels and lower denomination gold goodbye ? LET THE FIREWORKS BEGIN ! :roll:

Personally I find a lot in the 17-21 range. Like you mentioned you will miss IHP's, LC's PLUS a lot of silver jewelry and the occasional gold. I wouldn't do it unless you just want clad.

Steve

Steve, what do you mean by “LC’s”? Do some really old ones come in way low? The 5-6 I’ve found have come in as a quarter. Can you elaborate?

I operate a Nox 600. I certainly wouldn't want to notch out 18-21 because I'd be afraid of missing an Indian. I'm going for the old stuff so concentrating on the deeper signals rather than notching out is much more important as far as I'm concerned. Look at my thread entitled something like "bucketlister plus junk". Sorry need to learn how to link on here. It gives a great example of a 2 hour hunt in a very urban, very old, very trashy park this morning. I dug 4-5 deeper (3-4 inch) zincoln's hoping one might be an Indian. No Indian's today, but as you can see an SLQ. Also, you'll get to see all the junk I dug to get that SLQ. Generally, I'm digging all solid signals at least 4 inches deep and really looking for those wheaties and silver dimes at 6 inches and beyond. The SLQ was probably 6 inches deep. Generally, I can also tell when I'm digging a clad dime or quarter, just simply refuse to not dig a shallow quarter, never know when it might be a nice, silver ring. Hope this helps.

Wondering in a long term sense how the sabich coin program has worked vs not. I have used it off and on. Sometimes i get a lot of 18 to 19 trash in the background that is pretty constant. Would like to notch those out and maybe start at 21. Been hard for me to tell how good it is. I use a nox 600 so I can't do much more than notch out. Always concerned to notch out stuff in case it is masking a coin. We usually find one old coin every 5 or more yards. I am just wondering of I notch out up to 21 on pennies maybe it will be worth the trade in losing an 18 or 19 which is a trime gold or a Indian head penny sometimes

Seems to me that my 600s IDS have been all over the place , at least for the signals from 20 and up.. today I seen pumptech hit a clad dime that was all the way up to 30 ..i dont know if its the latest update..but it feels like my I.D's havent been as consistent as they once were..so mostly i dont disc. Out anything ... except for the days im dedicated for gold rings then i disc out everything but 11 to 14...as thats where all my gold rings came in..i know i wont get every gold ring doing that but for wedding bands its fine IMO

Used it. But no longer. Missed things in areas that I have since found without. I do think his coin program works in select areas or for cherry picking in general

Steve, what do you mean by “LC’s”? Do some really old ones come in way low? The 5-6 I’ve found have come in as a quarter. Can you elaborate?

I'm not Steve, but I can at least give an example. Period counterfeit KG II's and III's can come in the IH range, especially if they are thin. The counterfeiters often debased them with lead, which is why this happens. I dug one of these a couple of weeks ago which came in as an IH.

If you interested in digging these coins, and they are in the area where you hunt, I would not notch out that range.

Also, I think trimes and half dimes can live in this range, tho I have only dug one of each, and can't remember if that is true.

I would not notch those out... If I get that range in a location and I expect modern coins, I check the depth. If its not very deep, I keep on going. If I believe it could be older or it has good depth, I will dig it. The one very thin seated dime I have found rang up 18-21, and periodically 23 but it was very deep and in a old vergin location.

Sorry need to learn how to link on here.
To link, you need to be in advance mode. Copy the link you want to
link to in your post, highlight the word/words related to your link, then click the blue ball with the chain-link image. ( it is below the smiley face next to the chainlink with the red X on it) Then paste link in popup window. Hit "OK" and you are done.

Back
Top Bottom