Chunk of metal

CallMeGrey

Forum Supporter
This is a metalic item I found. It's magnetic, but my pinpointer doesn't register it. Looks like it was melted, but I didn't know my Garret pintpointer wouldn't register it.

Any idea what material it's made of? (quarter in picture is for size reference.)

Attachments

• img038 (2).jpg
    img038 (2).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 317
No idea why your pin pointer won’t pick it up. But aside from that a few things to narrow it down would be if it’s magnetic or not. And lightly sand a spot to se what the true color of it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had small crumb of metal recently that my Gold Kruzer sniffed out with ease at about 4" (high frequency, 61khz). My Nokta pinpointer wouldnt register it at all. It was about the size of those smaller white watermelon seeds, and battleship-grey in color. A few times I had hits on foil-like material too, where the same thing happened.

Last edited:
Here's another picture with a small area scrapped clean. It's a metalic grey color.

I have a small rare earth magnet and it attracts this 'rock'. Also, I retested it on the Vanquish and it did not register either. (I'll have to go back and find out what was giving me that solid quarter signal. :) )

Just throwing this out there, but could it be a meteorite? I was reading the sticky about identify them. It would be a longshot, but mainly I'm interested in finding out what could be attracted to a magnet and not be detectable.

Attachments

• SAM_1090 (2).jpg
    SAM_1090 (2).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 248
Back
Top Bottom