Here they come to kick me out! Neatness counts!

71duster

OK its been a long time since I've been able to dig cause of my lupus acting up, so I was very excited bout getting to go hunt and it was also my first time with NEW E-TRAC :D. I was hunting a park, surrounded with 1800s Victorian homes, that I had hunted for 2 yrs with no problems. I was there bout 4min trying to listen to learn new tones I started my first plug and here come the neighbors "Excuse me,, Hi, my neighbor called me and told me you were out here" you can imagine what was going through my mind,, they watching and waiting for me. Great this should be fun,, she continues "we were wondering if you could help us?" :?: "Sure I'll try". Anyway turns out they were trying to find property markers with no experience and cheap MDer. they had seen me hunt the park said they saw me dig bout 90 spots but couldn't ever see where I had been so they thought that with my experience and the clean job I did I would be able to help, told them I had no time with new eTrac but went back to my jeep grabed my ATP, I quickly found their markers showed them and said they would be right back so I started to clean up my digs and reset plugs, they came out and said "wow we cant even see where you dug" they asked how much they owed me I said I was glad to do it for fun but I would ask for permission to hunt their yard ,,, they insisted I take pay and happy to see what was in their yard,, I got paid well and got permission to detect which turned out to be a great first hunt with new E-TRAC and the neighbors liked the job I did on taking care of the yard that they asked me to hunt their yards!!! So what I thought was gona be a bad run out wound up meeting really nice people and got permission for several great 1800's yards!!

Good job. What kind of markers? plain rebar or rebar with those aluminum caps. I have the aluminum caps on my property corners and they give strong signals.

I believe nice people outnumber the jerks, but the race seems to be getting closer. Congrats on your new permissions and on making new friends.

Now that is the way to get permissions. Force them to pay you by pretending you don't want the money and then make them let you detect their yard and their neighbors yards. Boy I am doing this all wrong. :laughing:

Great job.

Ray

Taking pay to find property markers....what could possibly go wrong?

Oh wait...."but we paid a surveyor to locate our property markers, he showed us where they were and we paid him".

Will anything come of it? Doubtful. Could it? In todays day and age, it wouldn't surprise me.

Wow, Pays to dig a clean hole and always fill it in! Congrats

Back
Top Bottom