Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 05-03-2021, 07:04 AM

Default Back to hunting and itís a good one

I havenít done much hunting the past year due to the pandemic and a lack of permissions. However I finally got a good one. An empty yet well maintained house built in 1800 that sits on a church property. The church itself is a newer building, 2012, but they kept the house in front untouched. Unfortunately because the church is newer there isnít a whole lot of ďoldĒ ground but what is left is pretty great. Iím really learning how to read the super deep targets. My brother has been going with me. He is a lot more experienced and has found several buttons and very old coins. My finds are not as impressive but Iím getting better. Found my first piece of jewelry, a brooch. Unfortunately it isnít real diamonds ( had it looked at) and the metal is like a copper or something, but itís cool. Found several buckles, 4 wheat pennies, and a couple items I donít really know what they are. Let me know if you have any ideas. At least one buckle (4th item to the right on top row) I believe is from the 1800ís. Please correct me if you know better. Anyway it appears this land is untouched. Very rare for my area. Over the years many places have been detected by others before I get there. But each time we go back we find more. Iím gonna keep hitting it until there are no more signals, and there are A LOT! Of course there are many beer cans and nails also. This may take me a while.
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 AM
Supporter

What a fun place to detect. Nice lineup of buckles! You never know what old things might be lurking just below the surface there. When you go back, maybe try adjusting some settings and swinging the coil really slow. Digging out those junk targets is a good idea too.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:55 AM
Elite Member

Great finds there. I am sure you will find more cool stuff in that location soon. keep us posted.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:21 PM

Nice group of finds ! Good luck on your return hunts !

Ace 400 / Equinox 800 / Garrett Pro Pointer AT / Predator Little Eagle

Old 05-05-2021, 08:14 AM
Elite Member

Very nice finds! Gotta love this area, anything can be ANYWHERE! Good luck out there!

☆Oldest Coin FTY: Undated KG? ☆

Old 05-05-2021, 10:41 AM

Thank you all. My last visit didnít yield much of anything good except a 1952 silver dime and a very small ox shoe. But I wonít be giving up just yet. Waiting for the rain to stop and Iíll be back. Waiting to upload more pictures until I have a decent hoard of finds.