How I Find Older Coins (long post)

Superb post indeed! Thanks, this is valuable info for all. As for sharing the finds with the land owner, we always show them everything we find and anything they want is theirs to have. We've hunted quite a few places in the last 4 months and the only time anyone wanted anything was 1 person wanted an old brass door knob and another person wanted an old horseshoe. Everything else was ours..and this included things like a silver merc, a $100 antique car insurance medallion, a silver thimble and other cool finds.

Another plus for showing all of our finds, they all have told us we could come back anytime we wanted!

Step one: know your machine; well, I don’t, at least not my newest one. I bought an Etrac about 10 years ago. I put almost three hours on it and my health went sideways. Now I’m finally to the point where I think I can dirt fish again. Are there any Etrac users in the central Texas area who can give me a crash course on the Etrac? I see it’s no longer the best Minelab machine, but it’s still being sold, so I’m guessing folks are still swinging it with success.

Back
Top Bottom