Definitely Not A Mickey Mouse Hunt With the 18K!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Even though it’s a 3 day weekend my only window for a hunt was today. A front was coming through with the surf getting rougher plus I have a couple of doctor’s appointments for my parents on President’s Day. With low tide was just after 7 am, I didn’t have much time beforehand getting there a half hour before. It’s OK as this story of my 4.5 hour hunt will have a happy ending! :D The 1st ring that came up was the Mickey Mouse and then the other junk ring shortly thereafter in an offshore sandbar. Targets were far and few in-between which does a number on my swinging arm especially with strong currents. I had already gotten back to where I started with an hour left in a hunt when I noticed some interesting scalloping just south of where I normally hunt. The 1st mid-tone was the gold plated stainless ring which sounded so sweet but came up with a pitted area so I was pretty sure it would be junk. Minutes later however another mid-tone sounds off and I look in the scoop and see :dingding:. It had the unmistakable buttery color and had a little heft in its small size. I knew it would be high karat gold. I had people near me so I put it quickly away. At home I get my jeweler's glasses and see the nice “750” on the ring and the “925” on the silver. Third hunt in a row with gold and #5 for the year. I am having a great start so far! :good:

Attachments

• 2-15-20 Cruise ship.jpg
    2-15-20 Cruise ship.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 676
  • 2-15-20.jpg
    2-15-20.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 714
  • 2-15-20 Gold & Silver.jpg
    2-15-20 Gold & Silver.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 675
  • 2-15-20 Rings.jpg
    2-15-20 Rings.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 699
  • 2-15-20 Fin.jpg
    2-15-20 Fin.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 678
  • 2-15-20 Fits.jpg
    2-15-20 Fits.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 633
Nice little hunt. Seems very strange that every ring you find fits you....

I could use another sacrificial anode on my outboard.
Now I know what it is - thanks! I thought it was for a wake board or something like that.
Awesome find Felix and so glad you didn't have to put that one in your mouth! :D
:laughing: When its gold baby I don't mind at all! I just showed the wife that "Grillz" thread and she was like :shock:.

OK..... everyone on the bus hes not hunting.:lol: You still using the Xcal? That was a really good hunt..... like an addicted gambler though you need more hunting time.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom