Saturday Hunt Gets Silver Dime......Sort Of

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I spent two hours at the same soccer field I hunted last weekend and dug 35 clads worth $5.46. After the hunt I stopped at the nearest Dunkin' Donuts for a coffee and donut and in my change was a 1946 Silver Roosevelt. :dingding:

Attachments

• IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 367
Congrats ! I was quite pleased when I got a silver Rosie in the coinstar the other day .
Nice haul on the clad , my spots aren't putting up much of that nowadays .

Congrats ! I was quite pleased when I got a silver Rosie in the coinstar the other day .
Nice haul on the clad , my spots aren't putting up much of that nowadays .
Thanks.....A lot of the good clad spots are drying up around here too.

Score! I'm in a silver and gold slump:no:
Thanks.....sooner or later you'll end the slump. Good luck.

Cut n paste from an article.....

The announcement of the W mint mark quarters ties in with the American Numismatic Association’s National Coin Week from April 21-27, 2019. Also during the month of April, independent coin dealers will place approximately one million of their own collectible coins into circulation across the United States as part of the Great American Coin Hunt.

......I’ve gotten 2 Mercs and a Rosie in the past year or so and suspect they’re a part of this.

Cool! There's still some goodies finding their way into circ. The other day while being rung up at Dollar General, I was eyeballing the literacy coin donation container on the counter because it had an old nickel on the very top and I could clearly see the "P" above Monticello. It must be a sickness!:laughing:

Cut n paste from an article.....

The announcement of the W mint mark quarters ties in with the American Numismatic Association’s National Coin Week from April 21-27, 2019. Also during the month of April, independent coin dealers will place approximately one million of their own collectible coins into circulation across the United States as part of the Great American Coin Hunt.

......I’ve gotten 2 Mercs and a Rosie in the past year or so and suspect they’re a part of this.
They "might be" but there's no way to prove it. I've gotten silver coins in circulation many times BEFORE 2019.

Nice finds. Clad is always good when you find it in that quantity :D

-Mike
Thanks Mike.....clad is spendable so it has its good points. I take all I can get.

Cool! There's still some goodies finding their way into circ. The other day while being rung up at Dollar General, I was eyeballing the literacy coin donation container on the counter because it had an old nickel on the very top and I could clearly see the "P" above Monticello. It must be a sickness!:laughing:
Thanks Huckleberry.....sickness? obsession? it just may be, and I'm glad that I have it. :lol:

Ooh! This is what us coin roll hunters call a "wild" find, since you found it in the "wild", not while roll hunting. Anyway, how was that donut? (JK, congrats!)

Josh

Silver is still silver, nice score on a first year Rosie D4C. Anyday I hit over $5 bucks in clad is a real good day. Well done and good luck on the next one. Mark

Back
Top Bottom