Great Deal - Bottle Purchase

yacorie

Elite Member
So today I was able to buy a batch of bottles for cheap (20 bucks). Sometimes you can't pass things up - even if your basement/garage is full of boxes of bottles.

I'm going to photo them and post them here for your viewing pleasure. If you want to see the other side of a specific bottle or a better picture - let me know.

Its going to take me a while to get them all posted.

Pictures are Left to right. This is what is embossed on one side of the bottle.

Picture 1:

Frank Spetrino 1846 Main St Bridgeport Conn, James Mahan & CO East Brookfield Mass, JF Hennesey 187 Main St Willimantic CT, John Gaddes River Point RI, The Connecticut Breweries Bridgeport Conn, Jean Horning & CO Danbury CT

Picture 2:

Consumers Brewery Bottling Dept New York, The Stroh Brewery of Detroit Mich, WH Parks Hotel Windsor Spencer MASS, Springfield Breweries Springfield Mass, Hoster Columbus ABCO, Menominee River Brewing CO Beer Meriominee MICH

Picture 3:

Picke's Beverages Danielson Conn, Star Soda Works 176 Washington St New Britain Conn, Arcade Bott wks Arcade NY, Simpson Spring CO So Easton, NH Spring Water CO The Weirs NH, J Gahm & Son Boston.

Picture 4:

Eagle Brewing Company Waterbury, Simpson Spring Co So. Easton, Darby Beverages Manchester NH.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 520
More pictures. The last pictures are two green bottles. One looks to have an interwined "SP" and the other is a Very heavey and thick bottle - I think its actually dark green. I photo'd the bottom because it has that little nipple piece.

Picture 1:

State Street Wine 290 State St 119 Commerce St Boston, Inia Wharf Brewing CO Brooklyn 08, Hyannis Well Spring J.L. Panesis & CO Hyannis MASS (3 of these)

Picture 2:

Empire Bottling Works Bristol RI, American Dry Beverages Boston MASS, A large version of the Hyannis Well Spring bottle from Picture 1

Picture 3:

FE Sherry & CO 55 Blake St Lynn MASS, Mill Shire Dry Gin, Gordons Dry Gin

Picture 4:

Veronica Medicine Spring water, Bottle Remains the property of H.B. Kirk & CO NY, Bellaire BR'G CO. Bellaire. O., Excelsior Mustard Mills New York

Picture 5:

Squeeze, JB Herbert & Sons Southbridge Mass National Beverages, Taters, 1872 Doyles Hop Bitters

Picture 6:

SP - a nice green color, super heavy dark green and the bottom

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 441
Here are pictures of the ACL Soda bottles that were in the batch.

I don't do these - so they will all be tag sale fodder.

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 447
I'd pay 20 for all of those in a heartbeat. Very nice, good buy!

I'd pay 20 for all of those in a heartbeat. Very nice, good buy!

Well that was my feeling.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I cannot find any information on so many of these bottles online or on ebay just to find another example.

Does anyone know of a list of all soda/beer bottles by state or something? I found one online but so many of these were not listed.

Well that was my feeling.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I cannot find any information on so many of these bottles online or on ebay just to find another example.

Does anyone know of a list of all soda/beer bottles by state or something? I found one online but so many of these were not listed.
i have dozens of old bottle collector magazines from the late 1970’s/early 80’s I can check.

i have dozens of old bottle collector magazines from the late 1970’s/early 80’s I can check.

Man that would be awesome - and greatly appreciated.

I've also been struggling to find any information on Portland Bottling works from Portland CT. Its one town from me and I can't find anything.

As for the bitters - its not a wheaton but its also not a high dollar bottle. It has some internal damage in the glass - but I dont' have any bitters so its on the shelf.

That greenish whiskey is gorgeous, love the color! Nice green mission beverages,never seen one that color.
You got a lot of great bottles!

Love that India Wharf bottle in Pic 1. Love the vertical writing.

The Doyle's Hops is on every bottle diggers bucket list, amber notwithstanding. Now if it were Oive green...

What a great group of glass for almost no $$!

Back
Top Bottom