3 Ag, 1 what do I do with it, and 1 bicentennial proof

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
So for my one box for the week, the first $400 in coin netted zilch. I figured it would be a relatively anticlimactic week. Then I unwrapped the altered 85 Kennedy. My first question is what would you do with this coin? I’m not sure the machine would accept it, so it’ll probably just go in my oddities pile. Next I pulled the 68 40%er. One roll later, out popped the bicentennial proof, and two rolls later both 67 40%ers shined at me. It ended up a very successful week. Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

Attachments

• C7D26EA0-F753-4CA5-A3FE-83FF9299E52B.jpg
    C7D26EA0-F753-4CA5-A3FE-83FF9299E52B.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 11762BE6-CD1F-4CAD-9A61-11FBBC502BF6.jpg
    11762BE6-CD1F-4CAD-9A61-11FBBC502BF6.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 9BE5A6C2-5086-4465-81FA-C987EC89711D.jpg
    9BE5A6C2-5086-4465-81FA-C987EC89711D.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 228
I would buy a bezel and put the coin in it for either a keychain or necklace, it's really cool! Nice haul, good luck on the next search!

I would keep it - not sure what I would do with it - but I wouldn't put it back

Thats veerd! It looks as if it was punched out with some sort of die...like somebody thought it worth the effort to fab up a special die and punch the trimmings out modern/in circulation halfs? Which would be illegal right?:?: I'm totally confused, which is not uncommon!

Am surprised that altered halve made it back out into circulation again. Throw it up for sale somewhere. There's a buyer for everything I suppose.

I see there are a couple die-cut Kennedy halves on ePay right now.
Thanks amc rulz. I just checked also. They don’t seem to be selling but you never know.
Am surprised that altered halve made it back out into circulation again. Throw it up for sale somewhere. There's a buyer for everything I suppose.
Hey joee5 the thought crossed my mind. I’m never against turning a profit on something
Thats veerd! It looks as if it was punched out with some sort of die...like somebody thought it worth the effort to fab up a special die and punch the trimmings out modern/in circulation halfs? Which would be illegal right?:?: I'm totally confused, which is not uncommon!
I agree mud puppy. At first I wondered if they cut it out by hand but it’s too well done. I was very surprised that it came to me in the box , but I recently got a magicians coin too, so quality control may not be as good as we might expect.

That modified halve is an awesome score! A few weeks ago someone in Perth where I live found an old shilling at an army camp, but it had also been carved out at sections so only the coat of arms remained. 'Trench art' is what they call these military 'artworks'. Maybe someone did something similar with your halve?

That modified halve is an awesome score! A few weeks ago someone in Perth where I live found an old shilling at an army camp, but it had also been carved out at sections so only the coat of arms remained. 'Trench art' is what they call these military 'artworks'. Maybe someone did something similar with your halve?

Thanks Sandgroper. I’m not sure how it came to be but it definitely was an interesting find. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for other “trench art “.

Back
Top Bottom