33rd return offers a sweet reward.

Chipk

Elite Member
I recently was approached by a couple of ladies concerning lost items.

I had hoped to help them earlier but health issues kept me home. I decided that no matter what, I was going to them today.

The first was for a woman who had lost an earring in her front yard. Tjis was not just an ear ring but it was white gold from Tiffany’s. It was also the last thing her late husband bought her before suddenly dying a couple of months ago.

This was the first time she ever wore this precious gift and she was heading into her house when a neighbor walked up to talk to her. She removed her face mask and the ear ring caught and was pulled away. She caught the backing and a heart that dangled from a hoop, but the hoop itself vanished. She was crushed.

I went over and started this morning. I went over the area several times using 3 different detectors. I then went inside her gate to a small garden area. There were some chairs and tables and I moved them away and then caught an 89-90 signal. Unfortunately there was a huge oak tree root right over the signal. I began digging on one side of the root and then the opposite until I could dig under the root. The signal was there but I couldn’t find the target. Finally I reached to the underside of the root and could feel something that apparently the root had grown over and basically captured. I felt around it and felt a small lip and managed to pry the object away and then pulled out a beautiful silver buckle with a gorgeous Peruvian silver coin dated 1917 mounted on it. Quite heavy.

Later the lady arrived home and I got her to bring me the matching ear ring and My detectors could not pick up a signal.

Thin gold is often invisible to detectors but I had a final card to play. A Garrett Ace 250 with a sniper coil can pick up thin gold where others can not and I happened to have brought that combo with me. And so I went over the area a 4th time. Sadly a sniper coil doesn’t cover much area but eventually I found her lost treasure. It was up against a tree and totally buried. A larger coil would not find it.

Then I went to my second lady to try and recover a ring that she lost months ago. I quickly learned she has no idea where it may be lost. But I went ahead and started. I was trying to listen very carefully for the signals but this idiot would not stop running her mouth about everything imaginable. I kept stopping and removing my headphones to hear why she was saying but finally I told her I could listen to my machine to find her ring or I could listen o her but not both. She’d apologize and stay silent for a minute before blathering more. I tried ignoring her with no success. Finally I asked what days did she work and the hours. Then I told her I’d return another day when she wouldn’t be there and packed my stuff and left.

Didn’t want to be rude but enough is enough.

Attachments

• 902B835F-8257-47CC-8DD9-1D941319FBC9.jpeg
    902B835F-8257-47CC-8DD9-1D941319FBC9.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 0C61FC12-1859-4ACA-9FE9-B4DFB83C7CF0.jpeg
    0C61FC12-1859-4ACA-9FE9-B4DFB83C7CF0.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 551
  • 4E56E5C8-3EFA-4339-81DD-082190713C4B.jpeg
    4E56E5C8-3EFA-4339-81DD-082190713C4B.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 592
  • A6D6747A-339B-47D8-9F6B-1D938BB25F8B.jpeg
    A6D6747A-339B-47D8-9F6B-1D938BB25F8B.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 570
A good deed and a great reward, congrats.
The 2nd may have been lonely and wanted to talk..

Funny story 😂 I noticed my isolated mom talks much more and enjoys my company when I visit due to Covid.
Nice Buckle👍

I once got a call about a lost ring. Instead it turned out to be a diamond post earring in white gold. The lady had lost it while playing volleyball with her friends. They had even went over the area with a shop vac. A friend and I began the search finding nothing. I asked if they had the mate to it and our eight inch coils wouldn't even pick it up. We switched to a four inch coil and could get a reading by practically rubbing against it. My friend got on the ground and began scrubbing the ground. About an hour later, we found the back, also white gold. I think white gold is about the hardest to detect. About another hour passed and my friend said "I think I found it." He brushed the grass aside and there shinning in the sunlight was the earring. I don't know what it was worth but even though we didn't want it her husband gave us each twenty dollars.

I once got a call about a lost ring. Instead it turned out to be a diamond post earring in white gold. The lady had lost it while playing volleyball with her friends. They had even went over the area with a shop vac. A friend and I began the search finding nothing. I asked if they had the mate to it and our eight inch coils wouldn't even pick it up. We switched to a four inch coil and could get a reading by practically rubbing against it. My friend got on the ground and began scrubbing the ground. About an hour later, we found the back, also white gold. I think white gold is about the hardest to detect. About another hour passed and my friend said "I think I found it." He brushed the grass aside and there shinning in the sunlight was the earring. I don't know what it was worth but even though we didn't want it her husband gave us each twenty dollars.

I got a call from an elderly man who lost a hearing aid in the woods. When I arrived it was sunset and starting to rain. I tested the second hearing aid and my ATP wouldn’t read it but my pinpointer did. So I ended up crawling on my hands and knees with a flashlight and searching with the pinpointer. Once I was soaked and ready to give up for the night I found it

Back
Top Bottom