My Complete Setup...

pacer

Finally finished my setup and thought I would share it. The belt is nothing more than a generic 1.5" leather belt I purchased at Sportsman Warehouse for less than $20.00. I added 2 sets of snaps because I don't like the end of the belt flopping around. I bet you could find something similar at a thrift store for a buck or two at most. The holster/sheath is made by Buzz Wilson here on the forum (http://metaldetectingforum.com/member.php?u=15676), it's called the "Bomb Sheath #2". The holster/sheath holds my Digger, Pro-Pointer and Brass Probe of my making. The spray/spritzer bottle can be purchase at just about any hobby store. The holder came with my Pro-Pointer and the bottle fits perfectly in it. My finds bag/pouch is nothing more than a 2 compartment ammo pouch I found on the net. The last item is a hard case that will hold any misc items. If you have any questions, please post them or send me a private message. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Attachments

• Holster Loaded.jpg
    Holster Loaded.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,363
  • Bomb Sheath #2.jpg
    Bomb Sheath #2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Belt snaps.jpg
    Belt snaps.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Finds Bag.jpg
    Finds Bag.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Spray Bottle.jpg
    Spray Bottle.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Misc holder.jpg
    Misc holder.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Setup - Belt.jpg
    Setup - Belt.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,274
  • Digger Pinpointer Probe.jpg
    Digger Pinpointer Probe.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:
Nice setup,I usually stuff my pockets full of my finds.lol..You should get a Hoover boys foo foo juice sticker for the side of your squirt bottle.

tbw --

Nice setup. I like it; where'd you get the two-pocket pouch? I could use that, with the closures on it, instead of my current setup...

Steve

You are missing the all-important telescopic magnet to catch those hard to see, hard to find iron fragments like nail bits, etc.

Also, in some cases, having pruning shear can help when dealing with a mess of roots that are not too big.

You are missing the all-important telescopic magnet to catch those hard to see, hard to find iron fragments like nail bits, etc.

Also, in some cases, having pruning shear can help when dealing with a mess of roots that are not too big.

Never thought of using one. Thinking back, I was chasing some very small screws. Think I might pick one up and add it to my arsenal.

My White's Digmaster cuts through most roots I encounter.

where do you carry your trash? other than that looks like a good light no nonsense rig. I carry too much and need to prune it down,lol. I forgo the belt set up and went with a pocket vest, so much easier to bend and dig without the belt full of gear getting in the way. only problem is the tendency to carry too much.

where do you carry your trash? other than that looks like a good light no nonsense rig. I carry too much and need to prune it down,lol. I forgo the belt set up and went with a pocket vest, so much easier to bend and dig without the belt full of gear getting in the way. only problem is the tendency to carry too much.

In this particular setup, I use the upper, larger compartment for my trash.

Very recently I made a change to my setup. Decided my finds bag was a little bit on the small side and didn't accomodate all my tools the way I would like. I went with a finds pouch called "The Park Ranger".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 751
Very recently I made a change to my setup. Decided my finds bag was a little bit on the small side and didn't accomodate all my tools the way I would like. I went with a finds pouch called "The Park Ranger".

You'll love this pouch. I have that larger one and it is great. 2 years on mine and no signs of wear after hundreds of outings. Good choice! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom